Subject: Best Investigators for second edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Betchart
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
Who are your picks for top investigator?

I liked Father Mateo, Jenny Barnes, and Kate Winthrop.

I feel Michael McGlenn did not have enough sanity, and cost us a game due to that. Harvey Walters was underwhelming to us as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lindberg
Sweden
lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mcglen get focused after a monster is killed, yorick get clues, if both are on the team the kind of support each other with the killings making furteher killings easier.

these two are good in any team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I keep going back and forth on creating a "Tier List" (just for fun), but every time I decide to, I realize how situational most of their abilities are. Some of the scenarios are combat heavy, while others are investigation heavy. Some have tons of puzzles where others only have a few puzzles. Some hit you heavier with Horror and some hit you more with damage. Overall, the usefulness of each investigator really comes down to the scenario.

But I'd say there are a few that are almost always useful, regardless of which scenario you're running.

Rita Young is definitely up there as one of the best. Being able to move 3-6 spaces on your turn is massive and her overall stats are great for combat. The only stat of hers that suffers is Influence, but that's the stat that seems to be used the least. Her low Sanity threshold is definitely an anchor though.

Caroline Fern is probably my next favorite due to the usefulness of her ability (Action to flip Horror facedown or remove a Facedown horror, for you or an in-range investigator). Her paired with Rita is quite amazing, but she can fit into any game since everyone is going to be taking Horror up the wazoo.

Dexter Drake. Probably my favorite investigator theme wise, but overall, incredible strong in most situations. His high Lore makes him useful for many puzzles and he's also a great contender for combat. He is almost always Focused and is likely rolling 5 or more dice for a spell; this makes him incredibly powerful. But the downside of spells usually means damaging yourself or taking horror; again this is why it's always nice to have Caroline Fern along.

Last, I do love Ashcan Pete. He has a good stat spread and a free trade action at the beginning of his turn thanks to Duke is WAY more useful than it sounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.