Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Fernandez
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I am thinking about picking up Quantum, Above and Below, and 1 other game. I am looking for suggestions.

We play almost always with 2 players.

Some of our favorites are:
Orleans
Grand Austria Hotel
Keyflower
Castles of Burgundy
Five Tribes
Amerigo

I was thinking about picking up Isle of Sky or Islebound, but not sure.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks BGGers!

Edit: Disregard Isle of Skye. Played it over the weekend and not sure how often this would make it to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised no one has replied. Haven't played Idle bound so can't help there. Your liked games don't share much honestly, other than all being euros. (Exception being Quantum which is an Abstract Ameritrash hybrid)

I would suggest other euros based on your list. But there are few 2p euros I like.

I'll go ahead and say look into Dominion, Splendor, Patchwork, and Lost Cities. I think these are my fave 2p euro style games.

Also Orleans Invasion expansion for a co op twist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.Daddy.Slim
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like Quantum, but to be honest it is not that good at 2 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grand Austria Hotel is excellent as a 2p game. It also has the advantage of playing up to 4, although the downtime becomes significant. 2p is great though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy choice: Glen More

All the games you listed that you guys really like are all favourites of mine. With that said I still rate Glen More higher. It packs such a punch in less than an hour, once your familiar, and that is hard to beat.

I just looked at your games and you have a lot and the similarities with my collection is crazy. It makes it hard for me to suggest anything but that is a good thing.

We just finished our first game of Above and Below last night and thought it was pretty cool. It was a 3-player game but I can see it playing pretty good with 2 as well. I'm not sure how many plays I'll get out of it but I got it cheap so I won't lose any money on the re-sale.

Have you ever checked out Biblios? Maybe Saint Petersburg?

I love Concordia but have only played it once with 2-players. I thought it was just as good with 2 or 3 but I don't seem to be as harsh on different player counts as some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.