5 Posts

Case Blue» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario 7.11: Counter Notes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I was setting up Scenario 7.11 from Case Blue (the old Enemy at the Gates campaign) and noticed the following counter issues.

I'm posting them here as a record, which I hope you find helpful.

After I punch a massive game like this, these discrepancies always raise the concern that I lost that counter (a rare event for me, happily, but there's always a chance). Therefore, to track down these counters, I did some homework, the results of which you see below.

If you spot similar issues to these, please feel free to post them in BGG for other gamers.

[The information in brackets is intended to help you find these units, or where you would expect them if they are missing, and to find the appropriate scans on BGG under the individual game titles].

Based on counter sheet scans here on BGG, as well as my own counter set in possession, the following counters are not included in CB.

(1) 7 Pz Div (6 PG Rgt)

Enters as EatG reinforcement on 26 December 1942. Neither version of the 6th Regiment is provided in the CB sheets. Also see scenario errata note 18 regarding this unit. [CB: Missing from Sheet 9; GBII: Present in Sheet 1]

(2) 17 Pz Div (63 Mtrd Inf Rgt)

Transfers from GBII to EatG on 12 December 1942. Note that this unit is covered in the current errata, German OOA Note 8. CB does come with 63 PG, but not the truck-mounted version, which the errata requires. [CB: Missing from Sheet 9; GBII: Present in Sheet 1]

(3) 20-4-3 Inf Div (15)

Enters EatG on 15 March 1943, but it's not provided in CB. However, it is provided in GBII. If not combining sets, you may simply use one of the generic 20-4-3 counter provided in CB (or a numbered 20-4-3 division that never enters play). [CB: Missing from Sheets 5 and 10; GBII: Present in Sheet 2]

(4) 3rd Tank Army HQ

This is noted in OOA errata note 6, although it says that this unit enters on 5 Jan 43 when it actually arrives on 1 Jan 43 per the table. Simply use 4 Tank HQ instead; the values are equivalent. You won't need that HQ again; 4th Tank HQ was removed on 5 Sep 42 and doesn't seem to enter play again--certainly not for this scenario. [CB: Missing from Sheet 1; GBII: Present in Sheet 3]

Thus, you may find it helpful to have these counters from GBII; otherwise, you'll have to find some other solution (use a similar counter from CB, or keep a side record, for example). If you're combining both sets, then you should be OK, depending on your storage method, I suppose. I currently don't combine with GBII; my sets are separate.

Also, it should be noted that the 2011 version of GBII, in a sense, fixes these issues with CB, because GBII currently provides the counters in question, and the two games can be played together.

Note: All counters shown are from GBII, 2011 edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops! Too late, they're already combinedcool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Fly by Night wrote:

Also its not too hard to SEPARATE. Russkies are two different shades of brown/tan.

The Germans are a bit different too but not as easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mb

5-4-8 AG Bn (190)

Transfers from GBII to EatG on 26 Nov 42. The listing on that date describes it as a 5-5-8. However, the AR5 appears to be a mistake in the arrival book, as the actual counters in both GBII and CB counters show an AR4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Fly by Night wrote:

Also its not too hard to SEPARATE. Russkies are two different shades of brown/tan.

The Germans are a bit different too but not as easy

Yea, that's not gonna happenlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.