Subject: Can you flip face down cards back up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Coles
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, played the game a while back with friends. Have since got a copy for myself and was reading the rule book, came across a reference to be unable to flip a face down card back up. The games I played before reading, we were flipping face down cards back up with regular Flip a Card actions. Can't remember the exact card we used this action on though.

Did we play it wrong before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You played correctly. Knowing when to flip cards up and down can really swing a game's momentum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mb
I disagree, I'm pretty sure the rules are correct. When you flip a card face-down, it cannot be flipped back to face-up by a regular 'flip' effect (or any effect, as far as I can remember). Some cards have you 'reveal' face-down cards, but those cards still stay face-down once the effect has resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperChutney wrote:
I disagree, I'm pretty sure the rules are correct. When you flip a card face-down, it cannot be flipped back to face-up by a regular 'flip' effect (or any effect, as far as I can remember). Some cards have you 'reveal' face-down cards, but those cards still stay face-down once the effect has resolved.

Yeah. pretty sure that's right. The only way I remember you can flip back a face-down card is with Deckes ability and that only works with accesories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hoffman
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperChutney wrote:
When you flip a card face-down, it cannot be flipped back to face-up by a regular 'flip' effect (or any effect, as far as I can remember). Some cards have you 'reveal' face-down cards, but those cards still stay face-down once the effect has resolved.

I agree with this.

Also note that "Flip:" effect can't cause a card to flip. It is an action that occurs when some other action flips that card face-down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah agree you cant flip or unflip a card unless a card tells you too. there is no flip action there are just effects that cause cards to flip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not supposed to "Unflip" cards. Once they're flipped, they're flipped until the end of the tournament. There are currently no cards that flip a face-down card face-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot flip a face down card back up with a regular flip action. You can only do that if a card specifically allows you to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Coles
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
You cannot flip a face down card back up with a regular flip action. You can only do that if a card specifically allows you to.

So for a card like Danny from Gno-man's land which has a PLAY action that allows you to FLIP a card in your tableau, for this you would HAVE to FLIP a face-up card, you can't reinstate a FACE DOWN card, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
OzarkSavage wrote:
Muemmelmann wrote:

So for a card like Danny from Gno-man's land which has a PLAY action that allows you to FLIP a card in your tableau, for this you would HAVE to FLIP a face-up card, you can't reinstate a FACE DOWN card, correct?

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Coles
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for clarifying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tehero
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Deks Aplenti is the only one who can un-flip cards to my knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.