Support:

Zak Eidsvoog
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

THE GAME
3lementalist is an elemental-magic-themed, combo-driven, mainly 1-on-1 card game where players combo together effects in order to score lots of points quickly, deal lots of damage to their opponents and/or keep the game going until the end of the 6th round when they can score bonus points. On the surface, the game seems like a straightforward battling card game, but the fact that players can win by scoring points and/or by dealing damage - coupled with the fact that each card can be played in multiple ways - means that decisions are a lot deeper than they first appear.

HOW IT WORKS
3lementalist is played over the course of 6 rounds (or fewer if players are able to score enough points or eliminate all of their opponents). Each round, players simultaneously choose a card from their hands and decide which of the two effects on the card they'd like to use (each card has two possible effects to choose from). Among other things, card effects will give you:
- Attacks to throw against your opponent
- Points to add to your own score
- Helpful elementals that will defend you and are worth points if you can keep them alive until the end of the game
- Energy that will allow you to play even more powerful cards later

Players win by:
- Scoring 10 or more points by the end of the 6th round
- Dealing enough damage to eliminate all of their opponents
- Having the highest score at the end of the 6th round (after factoring in bonus points for remaining elementals and negative points for missing life)

There are also special cards that allow players to win the game in different ways if the circumstances are right.

DEVELOPMENT
3lementalist has been in development for the past 9 months and is getting to the stage where I'd like to start playtesting on a larger scale. The game currently has a placeholder, prototype visual design but I will be fleshing out the theme/art style as playtesting continues (I'm a graphic designer/artist and plan on doing the art and graphic design myself). The title is likely to change as the theme is developed too. I have a couple of variants/expansions in the works that add more layers onto the game (new kinds of cards, new element types, specialized elementals, alternate ways to play) but for the moment I'm focusing on fine tuning the base version of the game and making sure it holds up to blind playtesting.

PNP FILES, RULES & PLAYTESTING
Rules and PNP files here!

Please let me know if you'd be interested in printing and playtesting the game (or just go for it!). There's a link in the PNP files to a google survey I'm using to collect playtester feedback. Also, I'd love to hear any general questions/feedback people have about the game.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.