Hide
5 Posts

Mythos Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Case One [ Spoiler] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elegia Spellweaver
msg tools
Read on only if you've played through Case One.

I cannot determine from retracing my steps, as it were, to how one can find Thomas Illsley.

While we did pretty well on the case (we didn't know how much we needed to know in order to score well, but ended up with 20 points, -4 for 4 locations after Armitage = 16, a win.)

Afterward, I went through all the location descriptions to see what I missed - and I couldn't find how you would come upon Illsley's home...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 954558. redchin42
  • 1d100 =
  • (29) =
  • Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:15 am
Dylan Grozdanich

Santa Clara
CA California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea.... there were a few things like that I didn't see as well...

I'm a bit worried there are massive misprints and more awaiting in further cases. I'll keep playing and see what happens. Hoping it's just case 1 but.... well have to wait and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
He's definitely in there, doesn't one of the professors point you at him? :)

Enjoy...

Cheers, Hal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
You get it from Leonore Robinson. She's the second source listed in the rule book. It also seems like there should be a way of going to the graveyard, investigating the weird goings on there, and following the card back to Leonore, but I can find the lead to the graveyard in the first place?

Anyone figure out how to get the Bee's Diner lead at the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Ah, Bee's Diner is from the police station.

As for the graveyard, I can't see anything that leads you there at all?

The story from the PnP newspaper was:
Quote:

Church leaders have been quick to quash rumors that the Old Arkham Graveyard is now haunted. Representatives from several denominations spoke at last night’s town meeting. They dismissed the figure that many have seen moving amongst the headstones as the work of a vagrant or bored student as no damage was discovered.

That leads you to the graveyard, which takes you to Lenore, then to Illsley. But that story is missing from the printed paper, so the only way is to visit Lenore directly (as a source from the rulebook) and then follow the lead from her to the graveyard, which just leads back to her. And when you do visit the graveyard, you ask the staff about "the stories in the local paper". Which aren't there any more.

I'm assuming it's just a tribute to Case 7 (?) of SHCD where they did the same "reworking the newspaper and missing an important story out" thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.