Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the rules say that the crew movement bonus can't exceed 4, but can I use any number of fish to give myself +1 movement beyond the max 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think that yes. But I'm not sure that's very useful, since none of the spaces on the board are further apart than 4, so you will reach everything with 4 movement!

edit: Unless I have miscounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, there is no limit to the number of fish you can spend to move an extra space for each fish.

However, the only reason you would ever need to move 5 spaces was if you wanted to move from a home port on one side of the board to a home port on the opposite side of the board. Everything else is reachable within 4 moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:
Yes, there is no limit to the number of fish you can spend to move an extra space for each fish.

However, the only reason you would ever need to move 5 spaces was if you wanted to move from a home port on one side of the board to a home port on the opposite side of the board. Everything else is reachable within 4 moves.

Nod. Thanks to both of you. That makes perfect sense, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Here's a possible corner case for you - if your ship's hold was full or almost full and you wanted to get a bunch of wood, you could spend as many fish as you wanted for extra 'moves' around the board any which way you wanted to clear space for the wood. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think voluntary dumping of fish or wood is otherwise allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
maxlongstreet wrote:

Here's a possible corner case for you - if your ship's hold was full or almost full and you wanted to get a bunch of wood, you could spend as many fish as you wanted for extra 'moves' around the board any which way you wanted to clear space for the wood. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think voluntary dumping of fish or wood is otherwise allowed.

I only have access to the Prototype Rules from the Kickstarter at the moment, but page 19 shows the ship board and says:

"Fish and wood go in the cargo hold area. A player cannot have more than 10 fish/ wood at any time. A player can dump old cargo to make room for new cargo."

So feel free to get rid of those extra fish if it suits your plans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.