United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Comments section, someone wrote

Quote:
the Germans shipped a Panzer Army to North Africa <snip> and supplied it by land via Gibraltar while attacking Alexandria and Cairo <snip>

I would have written this reply there, but it doesn't appear one can reply in the Comments section.

I want to clarify that as I think they played this rule incorrectly. The Germans cannot give Full Supply to any German unit in Africa or the Mid-East via a Land Supply Line except through Russia and then Turkey.

To provide Full Supply via a Land Supply Line, the Transportation Line being using must be contiguous back to a Supply Source in the Home Country, in this case Germany. The rail line at Gibraltar and at Istanbul do not cross the Straits there. Therefore, you cannot trace across them.

As for the rest of the comment, it was their opinion and I won't dispute it. I just want to point out a rules error.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the German Army in N. Africa can achieve full supply through Italian convoys, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Schulte
United States
Washington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They could, but the British have a pretty good capability to interdict that supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.