Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Another Stretch Goal Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taela Sky
msg tools
I've seen a lot of projects that list out all their stretch goals from the start. I personally like to be surprised by stretch goals. But with the number of projects doing it, I'm wondering if this does affect people's likeliness to back projects.

Poll
How much does knowing a KickStarter projects Stretch goals at the start of a KickStarter affect your likeliness to back it?
A lot: I won't back a KickStart without knowing the Stretch Goals
Somewhat: I'm more likely to back a KickStarter if I know the Stretch Goals
A little: It's nice to know, but I'll back a KickStarter without knowing
Not at all: Stretch goals don't factor into my decision
      49 answers
Poll created by taelasky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For KS creators, I think it's probably better to not list all the stretch goals. That way, as the creator, they can space out the rewards out more if the game is more popular. I've seen a few that blew through their stretch goals in a few days and didn't have any more to add.

It also makes it easier to shuffle the rewards based on backer feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taela Sky
msg tools
VaultBoy wrote:
For KS creators, I think it's probably better to not list all the stretch goals. That way, as the creator, they can space out the rewards out more if the game is more popular. I've seen a few that blew through their stretch goals in a few days and didn't have any more to add.

It also makes it easier to shuffle the rewards based on backer feedback.

That's a good point. Definitely something to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Garside
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
This 100%. We only have about 6 SGs and we actually kept to the goals 100%. BUT I could see a campaign that does insanely well and blows the existing funding goals out of the water, in which case all your SGs would be bottom ended and you'd be struggling to find new things toward the end of your campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.