7 Posts

Maquis» Forums » General

Subject: Finally finished my Maquis PNP (w/ Photo) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
I started printing this game and putting it together about a year ago. I finally decided to finish it up today.

The resource tokens are from circle punched layers of cereal boxes, about 4 layers thick. Each layer glued together with Avery Permanent Glue Stick. After the resource photo was circle punched, I glued it on with the Avery glue stick as well. Then I marked the edges of the token with a dark brown sharpy.

The round spare rooms were cut with circle cutting die w/ my sizzix die cutting machine. Again multiple layers of cereal box blued together with glue stick.

Had some spare meeples laying around -- chose the colors of the French flag.

The board was from the corner of the game "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?" game board. Nice chip board with leatherette backing.

Can't wait to actually play it now -- which should be tonight

I still need to make the box for this. I have some 12 x 12 inch chip board which I suppose I could use.. 1 piece for the top and 1 for the bottom, the glue together the corners after folding. Then I have to figure out a way to cover the boxes. Would appreciate any advice / links for making a really nice looking box. Spent all this time on the game building it so far.. might as well make a good box for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Youren
United States
Lincoln City
OR
flag msg tools
mbmb
Absolutely beautiful and definitely worthy of this great game. Thanks for sharing. I learned a few very worthwhile tips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
josephyouren wrote:
Absolutely beautiful and definitely worthy of this great game. Thanks for sharing. I learned a few very worthwhile tips.

Thanks for the complement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
So I played this tonight for the first time. Did a few games, while learning the rules -- restarted after a few turns each time.

Then once I figured it out I got serious and played a game to the end.. and I won Assuming I did all the correct upkeep and all. I need to re-read the rules.

Here is a photo of the game I won. You can see the mission and my resulting morale etc.

I really enjoyed the game and got into it. Felt I was right there in France in the middle of it I'll be playing this more. Thinking about buying the iPad app as well for $2.99 (if I recall) -- then I'd know for sure if I am doing the rules/upkeep correctly .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
Working on the box for this game now. Just finished the bottom part of the box.

I have limited resources and made the box with 12x12 chip board and 8 1/2 x 11 32 lb HP premium laser paper (which has a nice smooth finish that is resistant to stains compared to regular printer paper).

Since the 12 x 12 chipboard wasn't large enough, I had to glue one of the sides one separately. I glue all 4 corners as well and the sides if needed. I use PVC glue and I hold it all in place while drying with blue painters tape.

Then I covered each side of the bottom of the box with white paper, adhering with Avery premium glue stick.

Then printed out the bottom of the box and cut to size then glued on with glue stick.

Here it is so far with the components in it -- I still need to make a rule booklet (need to reformat the text and print out the signature in proper order -- I'll sew it together (using awl, needle & thread) since I don't have a long enough stapler.)

The bottom part of the box cost me 25 cents for the chipboard, 15 cents for the print, and about 15 cents in paper. And maybe like 10 cents in glue. So like 65 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
Finished the box. Cost me just under $2 in materials and a lot of time.

Entirely made of 12x12 chipboard and 8.5 x 11 color laser prints.

Had to piece together the chipboard in parts and the same with the color prints that wrapped around it.

Was worth it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Gwinn

Oklahoma
msg tools
boardgamegeekess wrote:
Finished the box. Cost me just under $2 in materials and a lot of time.

Entirely made of 12x12 chipboard and 8.5 x 11 color laser prints.

Had to piece together the chipboard in parts and the same with the color prints that wrapped around it.

Was worth it though.

Should I spray varnish this box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.