Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading the online rulebook and found the following rule under the "Place A Building Site" section on page 5.
Quote:
You can not choose never have more building sites present on the main board than you have buildings left on your guild board.

I believe the intent of this rule is to prevent a player from placing, say, her 3rd Building Site on the map when she has already built 3 Buildings. But the rule has an extra word or two in it that messes up the meaning of the sentence.

Has this ever been clarified? Or does the rulebook that comes with the game have a correctly worded sentence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
ekh_86 wrote:
I was reading the online rulebook and found the following rule under the "Place A Building Site" section on page 5.
Quote:
You can not choose never have more building sites present on the main board than you have buildings left on your guild board.

I believe the intent of this rule is to prevent a player from placing, say, her 3rd Building Site on the map when she has already built 3 Buildings. But the rule has an extra word or two in it that messes up the meaning of the sentence.

Has this ever been clarified? Or does the rulebook that comes with the game have a correctly worded sentence?

Pretty sure it does, although I can't get it out to look. But yeah, the words "not choose" should be removed from the sentence. When you build your third building, the site is not returned to your board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
ekh_86 wrote:
…Has this ever been clarified? Or does the rulebook that comes with the game have a correctly worded sentence?
Pretty sure it does, although I can't get it out to look. But yeah, the words "not choose" should be removed from the sentence. When you build your third building, the site is not returned to your board.
Agreed.

The wording in my copy of the rulebook is:
Quote:
You can never have more building sites present on the main board than you have buildings left on your guild board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.