Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Virus modifier" for containment rolls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the "virus modifier", i.e. subtracting 1 from containment rolls for every molecule in ring C, apply even when playing the bacterial level? Apart from using "virus" in the name, the rule book I have doesn't make this explicitly clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
Does the "virus modifier", i.e. subtracting 1 from containment rolls for every molecule in ring C, apply even when playing the bacterial level? Apart from using "virus" in the name, the rule book I have doesn't make this explicitly clear.

I believe it does it apples on the bacterial level also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does. The only difference between bacterial and viral are the omission of the M, N, and O molecules or the A, B, and C molecules respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wayne LaBanca wrote:
It does. The only difference between bacterial and viral are the omission of the M, N, and O molecules or the A, B, and C molecules respectively.

And the free income of course. I'll have to give it another try tonight now that I've got some of the details worked out. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:

You only subtract 1 from containment rolls for having a molecule in the C ring. You could have 10 molecules in the C ring and still only subtract 1.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Game Designer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:
davidbrit2 wrote:

You only subtract 1 from containment rolls for having a molecule in the C ring. You could have 10 molecules in the C ring and still only subtract 1.

Yup, that was one of the details I missed while attempting to learn the game at around 10:30 last night. Thanks John.

Related question: The molecules don't have to be "connected", right? e.g. if I have only a single molecule in the A space and none in the B ring, and a situation card tells me to add a molecule somewhere in the C ring, it doesn't matter that it's not connected to anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
davidbrit2 wrote:
gedin wrote:
davidbrit2 wrote:

Yup, that was one of the details I missed while attempting to learn the game at around 10:30 last night. Thanks John.

Related question: The molecules don't have to be "connected", right? e.g. if I have only a single molecule in the A space and none in the B ring, and a situation card tells me to add a molecule somewhere in the C ring, it doesn't matter that it's not connected to anything?

It does not matter. Think of the Virus as being filled with fluid and the molecules are floating around in it. They don't need to be touching to be active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gedin wrote:
It does not matter. Think of the Virus as being filled with fluid and the molecules are floating around in it. They don't need to be touching to be active.

Cool, then my assumption was correct. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.