Subject: Campaign rules questions - Equipment and Cybershock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J R
United States
Cypress
Texas
flag msg tools
Hey guys, a bit confused as to how the campaign is supposed to work.

Equipment

So during missions you are rewarded points to use for upgrades during the intermission phase. My question is - are these upgrades only used for the next mission or do you keep them, resulting in your team continuously getting better throughout the campaign. In addition, do you also add the +3 points per character every mission? Seems like that would be way too many points imo. This question is asked in the FAQ and the answer doesn't even address it.

My current guess is that each time a character is added to the team for the first time in a campaign they come equipped with 3 points worth of extra gear, and you spend points gained during missions to further upgrade your team throughout the campaign. You also get the extra starting budget during missions one and two.

Cybershock

I'm confused as to what happens during a campaign when a character hits 10 cybershock and becomes a drone. The book says that they are a drone for the rest of the campaign, but that seems a bit silly if this happens early on and then you've lost a character for the next ten missions. If your "drone" character is knocked unconscious during the next mission, do they then "respawn" back to your side during intermission after making the check defined under the "Crippled" section of the mission booklet? This seems to be the logical way to play it. On the other hand, that section doesn't say anything about resetting cybershock levels, so they'd still be at 10. Or something. So confused.

Also, how does gear that affects starting cybershock levels behave between missions? Do you increase your cybershock by that much every mission or just the first time you acquire it?

Misc

Can you just swap out mercenary characters whenever? I'm confused as to how that works when the missions list specific characters you're supposed (suggested?) to use.

What are the component limitation rules? There's that pistol that gets a bonus when dual wielded but there are only two of them, so buying up one to lock your opponent out of it is a legit strategy. Also hoarding medkits and whatnot. Is it supposed to be like that?

Why are there points in one-off missions awarded the same as the campaign missions? Am I correct in assuming that nothing will carry over anyway? I guess you just use them to determine a winner? Seems like many of them would result in ties most of the time.

What the hell does it mean when a character is "Dead." It says that they can become dead, but nothing else. You just lose that character slot for the rest of the campaign? Can you replace them with someone else? Do they respawn somehow? Can you scavenge their gear?

How do mines work? I see rules on placing mine tokens and nothing else.

Thanks for any clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
mb
bump would love to know the answer to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Mayer
msg tools
I have no answer. I am reading the rules right now. But I created a HINT Facebook group. Perhaps someone there can help? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1120260608050582/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.