Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola, Master of Britain is now available to order: https://hollandspiele.com/products/agricola-master-of-britai...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this was a nice surprise.

Ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! Ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Chi
msg tools
mbmb
Looks fantastic. Enjoyed reading your two articles on your development of the game.

Ordered. Can't wait to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much is shipping to US addresses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:

Shipping and handling for one game runs $10 in the States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
gertbert wrote:

Shipping and handling for one game runs $10 in the States.

Thanks for the quick response. The game sounds wonderful and I appreciate your designer diaries. Now to decide between the retail copy and the print-and-play ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hughes
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't heard of this game until today. After reading Tom's blog posts and the rules, it looks amazing and right up my alley. Order placed.

Thanks 1PG for making me open my wallet...again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Ho
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Ordered!

Sounds like a very interesting game design. Played Cruel Neccessity and loved that game, though the randomness in that game can be so punishing.

Cant wait for Agricola:Master of Britain to arrive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:

Ordered.

For what it's worth, I ordered it on 9/26 and got it 9/30.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it for the first time this weekend and I'm still digesting it. Overall, I liked it. It reminded me of State of Siege games, but with more control/things to think about. The only thing that bothered me was that battle seemed a little too simplistic. I kept wanting chit pulls like EA:A, but I realize that's silly. Looking forward to trying it again soon.

BTW, I was impressed by the components. Even though the boards are just thick cardstock, I thought they were real nice. And the counters were nice and thick as well, better than I expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Played it for the first time this weekend and I'm still digesting it. Overall, I liked it. It reminded me of State of Siege games, but with more control/things to think about. The only thing that bothered me was that battle seemed a little too simplistic. I kept wanting chit pulls like EA:A, but I realize that's silly.

I agree with most of this. It feels a little SoS, but with so much more control with what you're doing. I actually preferred the slightly simplified battles. It makes me think that the important nature of the time was Rome attempting to balance relations with the numerous factions instead of just going around and hitting everyone. Even though battles are important, it was nice not to have 749462 modifiers and CRTs in this one.

Now that doesn't mean it's easy. I'm into my second game, trying to figure out the magic formula for VPs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Played it for the first time this weekend and I'm still digesting it. Overall, I liked it. It reminded me of State of Siege games, but with more control/things to think about. The only thing that bothered me was that battle seemed a little too simplistic. I kept wanting chit pulls like EA:A, but I realize that's silly.

I agree with most of this. It feels a little SoS, but with so much more control with what you're doing. I actually preferred the slightly simplified battles. It makes me think that the important nature of the time was Rome attempting to balance relations with the numerous factions instead of just going around and hitting everyone. Even though battles are important, it was nice not to have 749462 modifiers and CRTs in this one.

Now that doesn't mean it's easy. I'm into my second game, trying to figure out the magic formula for VPs.

oh, no. not easy at all. I got to the fourth round, went after one of the blue factions with only two 3-level legions thinking it'd be easy and got annihilated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Played it for the first time this weekend and I'm still digesting it. Overall, I liked it. It reminded me of State of Siege games, but with more control/things to think about. The only thing that bothered me was that battle seemed a little too simplistic. I kept wanting chit pulls like EA:A, but I realize that's silly. Looking forward to trying it again soon.

BTW, I was impressed by the components. Even though the boards are just thick cardstock, I thought they were real nice. And the counters were nice and thick as well, better than I expected.

Thank you, sir. Out of curiosity-- what's "EA:A" stand for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
tomrussell wrote:

Enemy Action: Ardennes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

Enemy Action: Ardennes

Oh, yes, of course-- I've seen the game in the store a few times, and reading up on it, it's certainly piqued my curiosity. Only thing keeping me from buying it is the price tag. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hughes
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travisdhill wrote:
travisdhill wrote:

Ordered.

For what it's worth, I ordered it on 9/26 and got it 9/30.

Similar. Ordered mine on 9/29 and it got here yesterday, 10/5.

On the road for work for the next 5 days, this will pack away nicely in my bag!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Sand
Denmark
Ishøj
Select a State or Province
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any other options for us in Europe? I mean, between customs duties and shipping, it gets a little pricy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official PnP is available from WargameVault at a good price (USD12), You don't get the lovely thick counters, and have to laminate/cut your own; but that (plus no aromatic box) is what you're paying less for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Sand
Denmark
Ishøj
Select a State or Province
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I know. But I would really like the professionally produced box (smelly and all). Plus I'm afraid I might end up laminating my own hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.