Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an errata for Gorechosen, from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Facebook page:

Atorg Bloodbringer (page 14)

Atorg's Kill Zone diagram is incorrect – it should be three dark blue hexes, showing the three hexes in his front arc. In other words, his Kill Zone is identical to Vexnar the Reaper's."

Should be released as an official pdf errata at some point, but thought I'd put it here for now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I hadn't scanned the pages yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I posted when I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BB Bolter
msg tools
Here a question about moving.
I have the german rules, so i can not Quote:

It says: Your can move in any direction but you have to face like the Card Shows you.

But there are Cards that Show an empty(Grey) hex North and a hex with a red arrow south.

Does´nt that mean i can only move one step backwards. Keeping the facing?
And there is a similar Card with a empty(Grey) hex south and a hex North with a green arrow.
What does that mean. isnt this just a step Forward?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B3stie wrote:
Here a question about moving.
I have the german rules, so i can not Quote:

It says: Your can move in any direction but you have to face like the Card Shows you.

But there are Cards that Show an empty(Grey) hex North and a hex with a red arrow south.

Does´nt that mean i can only move one step backwards. Keeping the facing?
And there is a similar Card with a empty(Grey) hex south and a hex North with a green arrow.
What does that mean. isnt this just a step Forward?

Yes. The one with the red arrow below means you "back out" of the hex and must finish your move facing the hex you just left. The one with the green arrow means you step forwards and must end looking directly away from the hex you just left. There is a diagram in the rules book explaining.

EDIT: And just for clarity, I wanted to add, the icon doesn't dictate how many spaces you move. The number next to the icon dictates the number of spaces, and the icon dictates which direction you must be facing at the end of the movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BB Bolter
msg tools
Thanks, and another question:

Can you do anything when it is your turn and you do not have a Card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B3stie wrote:
Thanks, and another question:

Can you do anything when it is your turn and you do not have a Card?

No, page 10 of the rules (same page that describes the movement actions), has a section headed "No Actions" which explains that if you have no cards you take no actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BB Bolter
msg tools
Question on "attacking from behind"(maybe Stab in english)
in the Rules ther stands "that you have to stand in a hex next to a fighter". What if you use a weapon with range and you stand 2 hex behind a warrior. This is not "behind" a figter as i read the rules?

Am i right? (and khornedamed, is that stupid that i do not habe Access to the english rules...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B3stie wrote:
Question on "attacking from behind"(maybe Stab in english)
in the Rules ther stands "that you have to stand in a hex next to a fighter". What if you use a weapon with range and you stand 2 hex behind a warrior. This is not "behind" a figter as i read the rules?

Am i right? (and khornedamed, is that stupid that i do not habe Access to the english rules...)

I think you mean the action card called "backstab" in English. On the card it specifically says, "if you are in your target's rear arc, roll 4 dice instead of 2." So, that means you must be in one of the three hexes immediately behind the target, and you cannot benefit from the 2 extra dice if you use a longer range weapon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BB Bolter
msg tools
Thanks again and exaclty!
Okay, i go for all questions

Question on Redarg Bloodfane Special ability:

What happens if the fighter that is moved does not move? Maybee he does not fall in the pit oder is pressed against a wall/fighter (with D3 Damage). Dous redarg still get one of his Cards?

EDIT: And can the fighter discard(when falling into a pit) before he is forced to give Redarg a Card? Or do he have to give his Card before that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B3stie wrote:
Thanks again and exaclty!
Okay, i go for all questions

Question on Redarg Bloodfane Special ability:

What happens if the fighter that is moved does not move? Maybee he does not fall in the pit oder is pressed against a wall/fighter (with D3 Damage). Dous redarg still get one of his Cards?

EDIT: And can the fighter discard(when falling into a pit) before he is forced to give Redarg a Card? Or do he have to give his Card before that?

This one is not quite so cut and dried, as there is no definitive answer in the rules. However:

The ability says "Push a fighter in your front arc and move into the hex they left. Then steal an Action card from that player..."

As you push the fighter (even if he doesn't move), and as the card does not say something like "IF you move into the space they left, steal a card..." I believe the intent is you still get to steal the card.

I think in all cases with the abilities, you just do the bits you can. For example, you would be able to bull charge someone, even if they didn't have any cards for you to steal - you just wouldn't activate that part of the ability.

EDIT - just saw the second question you edited in. As the push and movement happens BEFORE you steal part of the action, your target has the chance to discard cards before you take one away. This means the target has the chance to save himself from a pit, and there may not be any action cards left for you to steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin's got it spot-on.

You could even say his word is... Outlaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesMHewitt wrote:
Kevin's got it spot-on.

You could even say his word is... Outlaw.

Thanks, James.

Really I should have let you answer, as your word really is law

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, not at all! I've got enough to do – and having someone else answer reassures me that the rules are in there somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Delerme
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have but one (important) question about the rules: when you have one (or more) move forward and look forward card and you're next to your opponent but not facing him, can you use your move to not move but just change direction (the idea being that you try to move to your opponent's hex but are "blocked" so end up facing him but not moving).

The game is trickier if you don't allow this but I couldn't find anything about this in the rulebook (sorry if I'm not clear, I'm French and have the french rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delerme wrote:
I have but one (important) question about the rules: when you have one (or more) move forward and look forward card and you're next to your opponent but not facing him, can you use your move to not move but just change direction (the idea being that you try to move to your opponent's hex but are "blocked" so end up facing him but not moving).

The game is trickier if you don't allow this but I couldn't find anything about this in the rulebook (sorry if I'm not clear, I'm French and have the french rulebook).

In the rules on page 10, beneath the explanation of the movement symbols, it says the actions with red and green arrows do not change your facing if you do not move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Delerme
France
paris
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for your prompt answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delerme wrote:
Thank you so much for your prompt answer!

No problem.

Note that it does mean that if you play an action with the symbol of a grey hex with arrows pointing out of it from every direction, you are free to chance direction without moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
off ray
msg tools
i have a question (excuse me, my english is no good, i'm french ^^)
it's about ability of kore hammerskull
with her ability you can discard two card to have +4 wounds.
So with an attack with 4 dices succesfull, you can do (3+2+2)x4
28 wounds ! is it correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pourf wrote:
i have a question (excuse me, my english is no good, i'm french ^^)
it's about ability of kore hammerskull
with her ability you can discard two card to have +4 wounds.
So with an attack with 4 dices succesfull, you can do (3+2+2)x4
28 wounds ! is it correct ?

Potentially yes, but it's not that easy to set up.

You need to be healthy, in position, with two spare cards to discard, and an attack that grants four dice. Each successful hit would do 7 wounds. If all four landed (and you were not wounded), you would cause 28 wounds.

Of course, you then have to hope your opponent doesn't have a dodge, parry, or block.

If you pull it off, it's pretty brutal. But still not as brutal as bull-rushing someone into a pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Zhang
China
flag msg tools
mb
I have a question.
In page 10, pushing fighters.
“If your fighter is about to be pushed into a pit, roll a dice, then discard any number of cards from your hand, adding 1 to the result of each.”
I'm really confused about this part, what does the “each” refer to?The “result” is the dice result?
If you can give a example of resolving pushing, that will be helpful.(e.g. Dice result is 2)
Many thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron586 wrote:
I have a question.
In page 10, pushing fighters.
“If your fighter is about to be pushed into a pit, roll a dice, then discard any number of cards from your hand, adding 1 to the result of each.”
I'm really confused about this part, what does the “each” refer to?The “result” is the dice result?
If you can give a example of resolving pushing, that will be helpful.(e.g. Dice result is 2)
Many thanks.

It's "for each."

You roll one dice, and then discard cards, adding one to the dice result for each card. So, if you rolled a two, and then discarded two cards, your final result is four.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
off ray
msg tools
Thanks a lot

Sure, 28 wounds, it's difficult to do!
But when I calculate for each other, maximum damage and difficulty to execute, I have the feeling kore hammerskull is stronger by report the others...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Problem is, if he fluffs those attacks – and trust me, he often will – he's exhausted himself and thrown away half his hand, meaning that a) he might not have a card when his last couple of initiative cards are drawn, or b) he won't have any defence cards to play when someone hits him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesMHewitt wrote:
Problem is, if he fluffs those attacks – and trust me, he often will – he's exhausted himself and thrown away half his hand, meaning that a) he might not have a card when his last couple of initiative cards are drawn, or b) he won't have any defence cards to play when someone hits him.

Plus, a four dice attack lowers your wrath, so you are more likely to spend time standing around like a lemon in future rounds. With three other fighters in the arena, exhausting yourself to that degree often feels like a very bad call.

Personally, I think Redarg's ability is better. It often only costs one action card, and there is the potential to one-shot your target into a pit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.