Popular Tags: [View All]
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

I've been having my first attempts at Soccer City. It's taking a while to get a hang of the mechanics and the possibilities they offer, but I'm very intrigued by the game and very much look forward to playing more. This is a very unique soccer/football game design indeed.

A question.

Marking. Does the goal keeper's presence in a hex adjacent to the player with the ball count as that player being marked and therefore unable to attempt to score a goal?

In my game, there arose a situation in which the striker broke loose of the defenders using a Long Advance and was suddenly alone facing the keeper. The keeper used the repositioning move to get into the hex directly in front of the player. I was not sure if it was legal for the player to attempt a shot on goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soccer City
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Hello Masil!

Thanks for your kind words and for getting the game. We really appreciate it.

About marking, you are right. If your GK is in a hex adjacent to the player that will receive the ball, that player is marked.

The second situation you describe is legal. The rule that states the possibility or not of shooting on goal affects to all the players. If the GK is in front of the striker, in the adjacent hex, the striker can't shot on goal. The same as for the other players.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.