Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mb
Hi

The manual says that if the order matters the player with the lowest number on his f(r)action tile plays first and then in clockwise order.

Not lowest number ascending to highest number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You quote (sort of) the correct rule, so I'm not sure what your question is. If it is "why this, rather than proceed in numerical order based on faction card?" the answer is that going clockwise is quicker and easier for most people, and just as random for what is a very, very rarely needed tie-breaker.

Cheers,
Graham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It almost never matters, but the rule is start with lowest start world and go clockwise.

If I understand the reason behind the rule, it's not because the lower numbers are considered weaker, it's simply to have a rule for groups tht prefer them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
qzhdad wrote:
It almost never matters, but the rule is start with lowest start world and go clockwise.

If I understand the reason behind the rule, it's not because the lower numbers are considered weaker, it's simply to have a rule for groups tht prefer them.

This, my group always rolls a D10 or 20 (based on what's nearby) and it has never mattered to the end result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually, I find order of play is only relevant if more than 1 player need to get additional tiles from the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric G wrote:
Usually, I find order of play is only relevant if more than 1 player need to get additional tiles from the bag.

Even then it only seems to matter if there are very few tiles in the bag, which rarely happens.

If you are still having trouble deciding, I recommend a cute lil app called Chwazi - we mostly use it to pick a starting player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
newsaidin wrote:

Even then it only seems to matter if there are very few tiles in the bag, which rarely happens.

It also matters if someone wants to see someone else's tile draws before drawing. If someone has an empty development or settlement stack, there are likely to be revealing a tile. If they might discard tiles, they might create empty stacks and hence might reveal tiles.
Still that only matters if you are going to do something different based on what you see. (Or you think someone else will do something different based on seeing tiles you reveal.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newsaidin wrote:

Depends on your group. In mine, this happens every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.