Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webster
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
Totally NOT a Cylon!
badge
Keep watching... he eventually makes it!
mbmbmbmbmb
As the subject line says... is there a possibility of Gloomhaven being available for purchase and/or a demo available at November's BGGCON in Dallas?

Thanks for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Montenegro
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When Isaac announced that he would be going to Essen, he stated that he will only have 1 or 2 copies to demo, and none for sale. As he isn't getting any advance copies to sell at that Con, it is unlikely he will have any to sell at BGGCON, but probably will still have the copies to demo.

He hasn't officially announced his attendance to BGGCON that I have seen, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't announced it. If he has, he probably would state one way or the other in that. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the latest estimate was November for hitting the USA, so it's possible that backers will have their copies in time for BGGCON.

You can check the Kickstarter updates, I believe the games are in production now and will likely spend October sailing from China to the USA, followed by distribution.

It's also totally possible that the games won't hit US shores until after BGGCON is already over (Customs, delays, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, BGGCon is in that nebulous time of uncertainty.

I will be attending the convention, and I would like to have the games delivered by then (in which case, there would be some for sale at the convention), but there is a chance it may not happen, so we'll just have to see. Most companies, when their timeline becomes tight and they want to guarantee they will have copies of something at a convention, will air freight a small quantity over, but that doesn't really work when the game is as heavy as Gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Navarro
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, when are you planning to stop accepting pre-orders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
marcusnc wrote:

In a week or so when production is finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
marcusnc wrote:

In a week or so when production is finished.
Yay, production is finished soon?!! Can't wait for the boxes to be assembled and shipped to us backers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall
United States
Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
BOOMER!
badge
SOONER!
mbmbmbmb
So Gloomhaven obviously will not be available for purchase at BGG.con, but will it still be available for demo ... and if so will it be in the vendor hall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.