Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Phillips
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Instead of minis, I am using the 1" Federation Commander shits and 1/2" chits for things like drone swarms. I am designing a nice turn key for this use and will upload it shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericphillips wrote:
Instead of minis, I am using the 1" Federation Commander shits
I think I'll pass on using them, thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ichirou wrote:
ericphillips wrote:

Okay. Not sure why you had to take the time to say that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the minis that were made were too large to play with as well. I'm not quite sure why they changed the scale that was used for FC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hope
United States
Woodside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericphillips wrote:
Ichirou wrote:
ericphillips wrote:

Okay. Not sure why you had to take the time to say that.

He's just making a joke...you did not type "chits" which I imagine you intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol, i didn't even see that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Thomas
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have plenty of the Starline 2500 minis, and while I love the increased detail level - I do wish the Starline 2400 scale had been kept.

1) The minis would have been smaller and fit the stands somewhat better.
2) While waiting on increased detail level versions of ships that don't have minis yet - you could use the existing range without scale issues.

From what I have heard (No proof mind you - just third party statements scattered across the internet. But since it's on the internet - it MUST be true! - Bon Jour! ), Mongoose likes to make all of their proprietary miniatures in scales that are slightly off the industry standard... ostensibly to allow for increased detail, but standard thinking is that it's to prevent mixing of manufacturers.
Again, I do not know if this true or not, but...
The Starline 2500 minis are 1:3125 scale... bigger than ADBs range, but smaller than the 1:2500 garage kit scale.
Victory at Sea uses minis that are 1:1800 scale... just in between the two most popular scales for naval miniatures.
The Judge Dredd minis do not have a scale (at least not that I can find...) but they seem to be a bit bulkier than the standard 28mm RPG miniatures I normally paint. But then again, if you assume the Judge's are supposed to be bulkier than a normal human - that scale probably does work out.

Anyway, this is all apocryphal. Mongoose Publishing made the decision they felt was best for their company.

Now, the next item... using the 1-inch counters.
We do that quite often when play testing the new empires, since there aren't ST2500 minis for them.
But we use blu-tac (or similar) to temporarily mount them to the center of the standard, ACTSF round base. This helps maintain range... as the rules specifically prevent you from overlapping bases.
With out this step, when using 1-inch counters - it is possible to actually get closer than the game designer intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ah... Freudian typo. Thanx.

My parents kept a page I wrote in elementary school where I left the "r" out of shirt. I guess things never change.

And sorry to the guy who made the joke. I am just used to people being nasty on the Interwebtoobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Scoutdad wrote:
But we use blu-tac (or similar) to temporarily mount them to the center of the standard, ACTSF round base. This helps maintain range... as the rules specifically prevent you from overlapping bases.
With out this step, when using 1-inch counters - it is possible to actually get closer than the game designer intended.

Yeah, I know it is not quite right, but I am making a couple of other adjustments. I am concentrating on large models, but I have all these chits (got the spelling right that time I did), and I want to have more interesting battles- waste not, want not. I don't allow overlap, but I was thinking of allowing it with the chits because it seems the not overlapping rule was built around a problem with using minis.

Hmmmm... I think I can make a round adaptor that the chit would fit into as a 3D printer model. I will put that on the backburner with all those other ideas I intend to get to someday.

I actually have a few FED and KLI 2500's I put together right after the metal ones were issued. They look pretty nice. It is always hard to assemble some of the FEDS, like the CA, because of the long pylons and so on. I know on my 2400 CAs I am always warning people not to pick them up by the nacelles because they bend so easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.