Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supply for Soviet Spain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm missing something on the supply rules - I was hoping someone would be able to help me out.

I've read a couple posts suggesting that a Soviet Spain can be a powerful option. However, if the USSR successfully gets Spain as a Satellite, wouldn't it be trivially easy for an Enemy to put Spain out of supply (by cutting off the Med/North Sea)?

You could stack the country with ANS units to avoid the OOS penalty for ground units, but you still wouldn't be able to buy a unit step for them while they were unsupplied (7.23). So wouldn't a Soviet Spain quickly become isolated and conquered? More generally, does it make sense to focus your diplomacy on countries that are adjacent to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the Western route around the UK and up to the Norwegian Sea. It certainly CAN be cut off, but it takes some effort and precious moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demoss1 wrote:
There's also the Western route around the UK and up to the Norwegian Sea. It certainly CAN be cut off, but it takes some effort and precious moves.

Okay, thanks. So I'm getting the rules right, but it's harder to functionally cut off Spain than I anticipate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest way is probably German sub in the Norwegian (or Barents, I think) Sea, conquest of Denmark, and an Italian unit somewhere in the Med (conquest of Malta could do it). The big problem I see for the Soviets is that if that blockade IS established, they may have to rely on the West to break it, and depending on cards selected that may not even be possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Though you can place AF, naval assets and forts there, which can be a nuisance to whoever oppose you.

Ships especially can hinder West naval movements toward India in case that is in the Soviet plans.

On the other hand, meanwhile Spain is interesting, a Soviet can also weight how much good can do i nthe hands of the Axis (luring them to pincher Paris) and shifting Axis focus West. Always depending on Soviet projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.