23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Homeland : The Board Game $9.50 3rd Party Prime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor McKee

Illinois
msg tools
**UPDATE: DEAD on Amazon, but see below...$10 at Walmart.com w/ free Site-To-Store Shipping**

Homeland: The Game is once again on sale for those of you who didn't grab it back in May.

It is at $9.50 w/ 3rd party prime, and $10 directly from Amazon in case that deal runs out. https://www.amazon.com/Homeland-The-Game-Board/dp/1940825539...

For some reason when I first put it in my cart it told me that I had to spend $50 to get free prime. Removed it from cart, added it back in, no issues!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"We're sorry. The item Homeland The Game Board Game is no longer available from the seller you selected."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ficek
United States
Erie
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Homeland-The-Game-Board/dp/1940825539...

Should work now.

I just got it for $10, thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
3rd party back @9.50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$10! Thanks for the heads up. My wife loves the show and I like hidden traitor games. We MIGHT both like this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Took the slow trip option cor more back for Pantry. So $4 game that will get here in about 10 days, usually less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Jones
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
You are who you choose to be.
mbmbmbmb
DEAD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
There were only 3 left when I ordered mine @ $10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$10 at walmart.com, free ship-to-store:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gale-Force-9-HOME001-Homeland-War...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor McKee

Illinois
msg tools
Ha, wonder how long it's been at that price on Walmart.com?!? I had been waiting since may for the price to drop again on Amazon (missed the drop in August).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mckeeconnor wrote:
Ha, wonder how long it's been at that price on Walmart.com?!? I had been waiting since may for the price to drop again on Amazon (missed the drop in August).

Also missed out on this before.
More expensive, but still worth it to get Amazon.com to ship it to Canuckistan. Walmart, however, does not offer the same.
GRRRR! ARRRGH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
sckellis wrote:
walmart ship-to-store

Nope, nope, nope, nope. Nooooooooooo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I love looking at the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section for games like this. It's the bargain basement of the bargain basement, filled with only games that have appeared here as deals.

And yes, I did buy Homeland the first time it came around at $10. I had instant buyer's remorse and was thankfully able to sell it for what I paid. I'm sure it's a fine game, but there are a lot of "fine" games out there and I don't have time to play many of them, let alone try to convince someone to play one with a photo of the Battlestar Galactica woman the pretty girl from My So Called Life that wasn't Jared Leto on the cover (licensed anything doesn't go over well in our house, and clearly I don't have a clue who is in what show).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you... even read the rules? Or open the game? If you have even the vaguest interest, it's worth trying before you sell. It's silly to regret owning it just because it went for cheap. It's a good game.

And that's coming from someone who doesn't even like Battlestar Galactica. It strips out almost everything I dislike about Galactica and leaves an interestingly tense hidden role card game. It can't possibly be that hard to get an hour long game on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
amodman wrote:
Did you... even read the rules? Or open the game? If you have even the vaguest interest, it's worth trying before you sell. It's silly to regret owning it just because it went for cheap. It's a good game.

And that's coming from someone who doesn't even like Battlestar Galactica. It strips out almost everything I dislike about Galactica and leaves an interestingly tense hidden role card game. It can't possibly be that hard to get an hour long game on the table.

I didn't regret owning it because it was cheap - if that was the case I'd have to regret all but about 10 games in my collection (I'm an extreme cheapskate). My remorse came from the fact that even though I had psyched myself up for the game by reading the obligatory positive reviews to justify the $10, which we all do here to some extent, the reality of "this game will NEVER get played over the 300 others laying around" hit much harder than it does for my average bargain basement purchase. Even if it was the most amazing game ever made (I'm pretty sure it's not), I had just paid money for a product licensed from a show I didn't even know existed that used mechanics no one in the house even likes. It didn't help at a time when we hit terminal capacity for the game shelves and I started looking a little more closely at what I was buying.

Doesn't mean it's not a fun game, or a good game. Just that there was a lot of judging a game by its front and back cover and that judgement was harsh. The good news is that someone who did want it got the game for cheap from me and since then I've unloaded about 75 more games in various ways with about 20 more going out in the next week or so. Even with the ongoing purge we still have more game than we will realistically play in the next five years if we only played each game once.

And yes, it is definitely that hard to get an hour long game on the table in our house - to do so it better impress everyone from looking at the box cover all the way to the end. We'll have glorious days where we do nothing but play games for half the day but there are also stretches of weeks where the longest game that gets played is Speed or Tessen and Homeland doesn't have a place in that world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
amodman wrote:

I didn't regret owning it because it was cheap - if that was the case I'd have to regret all but about 10 games in my collection (I'm an extreme cheapskate). My remorse came from the fact that even though I had psyched myself up for the game by reading the obligatory positive reviews to justify the $10, which we all do here to some extent, the reality of "this game will NEVER get played over the 300 others laying around" hit much harder than it does for my average bargain basement purchase. Even if it was the most amazing game ever made (I'm pretty sure it's not), I had just paid money for a product licensed from a show I didn't even know existed that used mechanics no one in the house even likes. It didn't help at a time when we hit terminal capacity for the game shelves and I started looking a little more closely at what I was buying.

Doesn't mean it's not a fun game, or a good game. Just that there was a lot of judging a game by its front and back cover and that judgement was harsh. The good news is that someone who did want it got the game for cheap from me and since then I've unloaded about 75 more games in various ways with about 20 more going out in the next week or so. Even with the ongoing purge we still have more game than we will realistically play in the next five years if we only played each game once.

And yes, it is definitely that hard to get an hour long game on the table in our house - to do so it better impress everyone from looking at the box cover all the way to the end. We'll have glorious days where we do nothing but play games for half the day but there are also stretches of weeks where the longest game that gets played is Speed or Tessen and Homeland doesn't have a place in that world.

I'm just trying to figure out the purpose of your post in this thread. Is it to simply tell us that you have a hard time participating in the board game hobby? That you and your family don't get to play very many games? If so, I am sorry to hear that, but it really doesn't carry any weight when deciding to if someone should purchase this game or not.

I bought it for $10. I played it last week and found the $10 was easily justified. I saw similiarities to Battlestar Galactica, but I also found it different enough to possibly keep both in my collection, especially since Homeland has no cooperative win scenario.

I especially liked the fact that once the game is open and being played the presence of the TV stills/photograph art is minimal. It's not a pretty game, but it was easy for me to ignore the fact that it is based on a TV show I've never seen, unlike Gale Force Nine's other games (Spartacus, Firefly, Sons of Anarchy) where the ugly screenshots are unavoidable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I didn't feel that much buyer's remorse when I bought this game - but I did feel that way when I bought The X-Files for $10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddy Hall
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like this game and thought it was a bargain and well worth it when I picked it up for $16 last year. I love the mechanics. Battlestar Gallactica is one of my favorite games even though I've never seen that show. This has similar vibes. I watched the first couple seasons of Homeland after getting this game. It's actually a pretty good show and a really fun game. My gaming group seems to really enjoy this type of game. BSG is a little too long to play for us on a weeknight usually, but we can easily get in a game or two of this or Dark Moon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
I love looking at the "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" section for games like this. It's the bargain basement of the bargain basement, filled with only games that have appeared here as deals.

And yes, I did buy Homeland the first time it came around at $10. I had instant buyer's remorse and was thankfully able to sell it for what I paid. I'm sure it's a fine game, but there are a lot of "fine" games out there and I don't have time to play many of them, let alone try to convince someone to play one with a photo of the Battlestar Galactica woman on the cover (licensed anything doesn't go over well in our house).

The chick on the cover of Homeland was not in Battlestar Galactica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
RhodesN7 wrote:

I'm just trying to figure out the purpose of your post in this thread... If so, I am sorry to hear that, but it really doesn't carry any weight when deciding to if someone should purchase this game or not.

Ouch. I was just being conversational with the small group of people in the world I can talk openly with about my niche hobby. I must have forgotten that conversation that doesn't directly contribute to convincing someone to buy a game isn't welcome here. I'll knock that off from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
RhodesN7 wrote:

I'm just trying to figure out the purpose of your post in this thread... If so, I am sorry to hear that, but it really doesn't carry any weight when deciding to if someone should purchase this game or not.

Ouch. I was just being conversational with the small group of people in the world I can talk openly with about my niche hobby. I must have forgotten that conversation that doesn't directly contribute to convincing someone to buy a game isn't welcome here. I'll knock that off from now on.

You've missed my point entirely. I have no problem with you making friendly conversation, but perhaps it's better suited for somewhere other than the Hot Deals forum where people are looking for bargains, not personal anecdotes.

I'm just saying it had nothing to do with the quality of the Homeland board game. I'd gladly engage you in friendly conversation in a more fitting forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan D.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:

And yes, I did buy Homeland the first time it came around at $10. I had instant buyer's remorse and was thankfully able to sell it for what I paid. I'm sure it's a fine game, but there are a lot of "fine" games out there and I don't have time to play many of them, let alone try to convince someone to play one with a photo of the Battlestar Galactica woman on the cover (licensed anything doesn't go over well in our house).

The chick on the cover of Homeland was not in Battlestar Galactica.

A woman also typically doesn't like being called a "chick."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently available again for $10 at walmart.com with free store pickup:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/40653738
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.