Subject: What are the original 8 Ancient One cards for the revised edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hillsboro Public Library
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
At our library, a patron recently misplaced all 8 of the Ancient One cards that came with the standard revised edition cry. I considered trying to get them replaced, but think it would be easy enough just to print replacement cards. I am having a hard time figuring out what the original 8 cards were because there are so many variations and expansions out there. Would love to know the name of the cards if anyone knows. Thanks!

side question - are there any ancient one cards people recommend adding to the game, that don't require any extra components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Core set:

Azathoth
Chutlhu
Hastur
Ithaqua
Nyarlathotep
Shub-Niggurath
Yig
Yog-Sothoth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillsboro Public Library
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Fantastic, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome

And sorry I didn't answer your side question sooner. Mind me asking what you exactly mean by "extra components"? Are you referring to specific dynamics (like storm tokens for Omens of Ice) or even monster tokens are not ok? For example there are a few good AOs released with Unseen Forces (Abhoth, Glaaki, Tsathoggua and Shudde M'ell), but Abhoth requires that the Cursed Die is added to the mix, and it also requires the three Child of Abhoth monster tokens. The other three AOs don't require extra elements, tho, and they are actually quite good
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to try contacting the good folks at Fantasy Flight. They might send you replacement copies for the AO's.

As for extra Ancient Ones, I suggest having a look through the photos of the expansions and stuff. The Arkham Nights AO's mostly don't use extra rules IIRC.

Man, my library only has Catan and a few other games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillsboro Public Library
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yeah, I meant that I didn't want to add any AOs if they needed extra parts I don't have. But the other three you suggest sound good, and since I am making new cards, might as well add a few more. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillsboro Public Library
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thanks for the suggestions! I left an email with FF, but you never know. And yes, it's so nice to have such a great selection of games for patrons in our area. We almost have 650 individual titles and 1000 games in our county system, which is pretty incredible. Still can't believe I got away with adding Imperial Assault and Mansions of Madness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.