48.7% of Goal | left

Support:

H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious. I was debating between this with the expansion of Team Asia Volume 1 or maybe TTR Anniversary by itself.

I like team mode though and was curious for house rules team mode would work or if anyone has tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
Just curious. I was debating between this with the expansion of Team Asia Volume 1 or maybe TTR Anniversary by itself.

I like team mode though and was curious for house rules team mode would work or if anyone has tried it.
I'm not seeing any reason this wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective.... 2 to 3 teams of two shouldn't over crowd things. With 3 teams, I'm on the fence as to whether allow both of the double routes, as there are extra trains from each team now (total 9 x 3 = 27).

Components wise, get trains from 2 similar copies of any of the TtR games (e.g. Marklin also has white and purple, whereas Europe and US have red and green instead, so that won't work as well) so you'd have the extra 9 trains per team available. Another issue is if you don't have Asia itself, you'll want to find 2 to 3 card racks somewhere for the shared cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team Asia is one of our favorite ways to play.

I recommend the regular US game + 1910 + Asia. The anniversary edition is not compatible with expansion maps, and there are others, like Pennsylvania/UK, that are worth it.

Also, I trust the designers who developed the Team Asia concept and playtested the map thoroughly before release. I suspect you'd run into some issues trying to paste those rules onto another map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
http://ticket-to-ride.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Mode

It's not official, but should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luc_plays_MC wrote:
http://ticket-to-ride.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Mode

It's not official, but should work.

Hmm, I dont see much info for the base game, and its a bit sparse honestly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
NowOrNever88 wrote:

I'm not seeing any reason this wouldn't work from a gameplay perspective.... 2 to 3 teams of two shouldn't over crowd things. With 3 teams, I'm on the fence as to whether allow both of the double routes, as there are extra trains from each team now (total 9 x 3 = 27).

Components wise, get trains from 2 similar copies of any of the TtR games (e.g. Marklin also has white and purple, whereas Europe and US have red and green instead, so that won't work as well) so you'd have the extra 9 trains per team available. Another issue is if you don't have Asia itself, you'll want to find 2 to 3 card racks somewhere for the shared cards.

It was discussed years ago, when the Asia expansion was new, whether the original TtR could be played with teams. However, where the thread is, I don't know.

Regarding the colours: Märklin has purple and white, but it still has three colours in common with the regular colours from TtR and TtR: Europe, so if you play with 2-3 teams it should be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
Well I don't see how you need any more information, it's just the same rules as Team Asia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luc_plays_MC wrote:
Well I don't see how you need any more information, it's just the same rules as Team Asia.

I dont think its quite that simple. Asia has joint shared cardholders i think, and the distribution of trains possibly needs tweaking.

I also dont see the point to linking to a sparse wiki if it doesnt help, honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. St
msg tools
The shared card holders is technically part of the Team rules, and I don't see how the train distirbution needs tweaking from the 27 for each player.

And how dare you call my wiki sparce? angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Luc_plays_MC wrote:
The shared card holders is technically part of the Team rules, and I don't see how the train distirbution needs tweaking from the 27 for each player.

How does the fact that the Team Asia map has 26 more routes (126 to 100) than the original map affect gameplay? And that the Team Asia map has 20 less train spaces (289 to 309), is that important? The big number of long routes on the American board, is that relevant?

All those things – and probably many more – might be important. Some can be analysed through maths and statistics while others need play testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.