Subject: Any way to play 1vs5 game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to introduce HoN to my friends and instead of many 1vs1 or 2vs2 games In wondering if I could create a custom scenario where I play against them all at once so that all of them have their own little force to move around.

Any ideas if this can be done? Any tips how to do it?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhm, have you played the game?

The game is really meant for 1v1 play, but team play is possible. I suppose you could have five smaller teammates gang up on you, but you would need extra orders blocks. Perhaps a combined British+American raid on Market Garden???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must admit, I'd like to see more multi-player scenarios to help teach the game. That way I can teach 2-4 people at once, and then maybe get some bigger 1-v-1 games down the line. As is, I end up playing a lot of 1-v-1 learning games and rarely get to the "good" stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Logs
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a wild thought since I'm actually new to this game, let them roll for an order number between themselves, the blank controls the blank and supply group. Once they know their number they can talk about what to do. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Uhm, have you played the game?

The game is really meant for 1v1 play, but team play is possible. I suppose you could have five smaller teammates gang up on you, but you would need extra orders blocks. Perhaps a combined British+American raid on Market Garden???

I have tried the game once and I have 4player order blocks. Maybe I just create one bigger army and five smaller ones. Let's see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While you might find this a exciting, I think it would be a disservice to the other players. It would be like playing a game of checkers against 4 other players. They will not have a real understanding of the game or appreciation of the tactics. Also this game is designed to be fast and brutal. I recommend setting up two 2v2 games. Maybe a version of Slaughterhouse and Plain Carnage if you have the components. Let them do a round robin type tourney. You be the judge/advice/rules expert. That's what I did when the game first came out and I introduce it to my group. They loved it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AKDoyle wrote:
While you might find this a exciting, I think it would be a disservice to the other players. It would be like playing a game of checkers against 4 other players. They will not have a real understanding of the game or appreciation of the tactics. Also this game is designed to be fast and brutal. I recommend setting up two 2v2 games. Maybe a version of Slaughterhouse and Plain Carnage if you have the components. Let them do a round robin type tourney. You be the judge/advice/rules expert. That's what I did when the game first came out and I introduce it to my group. They loved it.

Wise words. Maybe I could create 3vs3 team game. I don't really have much more experience than any others so we're all beginners here. We could take it slow so if there are any rules questions I could answer them while playing one matchup.

Do you think that getting the PC or iOS version would help with the basic game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:

Not really. The first few scenarios from the box are designed to teach you the game by adding a few new elements each game. Ease you into it, it does. (sorry, I had a Yoda moment there) I think most players can jump straight into Slaughterhouse. I also recommend building a 40 card deck for all the scenarios.

Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AKDoyle wrote:
Mordjinn wrote:

Not really. The first few scenarios from the box are designed to teach you the game by adding a few new elements each game. Ease you into it, it does. (sorry, I had a Yoda moment there) I think most players can jump straight into Slaughterhouse. I also recommend building a 40 card deck for all the scenarios.

Good Luck.

Cheers mate. I'll see what I can cook up. At least I think I dodged the bullet about trying the 1vs5 game. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.