BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: New Edition Medici or RA or Winner's Circle?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Padilla

Kalamazoo
Michigan
msg tools
Looking for a Knizia that plays up to 5 or 6pl. We have Samurai and enjoy it. Looking at either new editions of Medici or Ra...perhaps I should even wait for Winners circle? We don't mind dry themes, but want something visually appealing and fun for casual gamers.

Thoughts? Which of these three would you suggest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"By the power of RA!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for something that will appeal to casual gamers AND plays 5-6 well, I think Winner's Circle is a good bet. Everyone I've introduced it to is enthusiastic about playing it, despite not being very excited to try it by the box art. Medici is also fantastic, but it has a bit more of a strategic learning curve (the rules are simple, but it can be difficult to know what a good bid is.) Ra is my favorite of the three, but it can only play up to five, and I think it's best with three or four (whereas both Medici and Winner's Circle are probably best with five or six).

EDIT: None of these games is very similar to Samurai, if that matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra (and Amun Re) only support up to 5 people. Medici supports up to 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Padilla

Kalamazoo
Michigan
msg tools
Thanks, updated wording to say 5 or 6 max. I know player counts hoping for more feedback on game play, flow, likes, dislikes, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.