Subject: Skip turn and change strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raced last night and had a safety car period for two turns.
I was wondering if it legal to skip a turn during one of these turns and change strategy.
If yes, does my car fall back one place or what?
If no, fair enough - but you better have a very good explanation! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Uncle
msg tools
As per 3.0 rules (page 18), when the SC is on the track, skipping turn is not explicitly forbidden.
Nevertheless, I also read that under SC conditions individual turns are different than usual, and lack their typical "phase structure": you actually only draw a card, move automatically and discard a card last. I see that "Pit stop are allowed..." (quote) to be the only exception to the draw-move-discard fixed scheme. If I am right, there wouldn't be any "phase A" to skip your turn...
Furthermore, under SC conditions, "overtaking of course is not allowed" (quote): so, although without MP cost, chasing cars would not be able to overtake the turn-skipping car anyway, exactly as it would happen in a yellow-flagged corner too.

Your question is a really good subject for Ryan's thread over rulebook updating too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18 has the safety car rules, and it appears the only option you have on your turn is a pit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was only thinking about it and didn't think it would be legal, so I didn't mention it to the other players, but now I know what to tell them if they bring it up.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.