3 Posts

The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold Beaches» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stack activation: assault rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier S
msg tools
Hi all, a doubt about stack activation.

- Can I make one action with one of the stack units and then assault with the whole stack? I guess no, but...

- Can I make the same action (that is not movement) with a stack and then, as second action, make assault with the stack? For example, make rally with two stacked units (say they are supressed, so I can rally both even in Fire Zone, according to 2.0 rules) and then, as second action, assault with both units.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi javier...I hope I can help out here.

The thing to remember is that the 2nd action must be immediately after the first action...so you can only assault with units that are doing the same thing together (almost always moving as a stack) and then all do the same second action (assaulting together).

So on the first thing, you can't do that because one unit is on its second action and all the others are not.

On the second thing, each rally is for each unit - so once it rallies, it can assault as a second action - but the other unit hasn't rallied yet so it can't join in.

So movement (as that can be by stack) is the most common way a first action (the movement) can be followed by a stack of units assaulting as a second action. I can't think of another action that is taken by a stack but if there is, since those are all finishing their first action together, they can do a second action together (which is really the key thing here)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier S
msg tools
Hi Adam,

Yes, the background question was if a stack can make another type of action besides movement and assault. That was the key I had in mind. I was not sure If I can, let's say, "rally a stack".

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.