Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Recruiting leaders and death star movement. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FIlip De Rijcke
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb

Played my first game and got a question .

Rulebook says Take 2 cards from action deck and chose one leader from either card .
On some cards theres 2 leaders so we interpreted this as in ,take both cards and when u take a card with 2 heros on it u have to pick one of them.
So that made up for 11 leader each after 4 turns( we each drew a leader that was alr taken on a multiple card).
Allot of stuff was going on with that manny and we had shitloads of fun but we where not sure this is the way it was meant to be .

While looking up that rule here i came across the fact that u can move the deathstar ?Is that right ?We saw it as a immobile station and i never moved it ( i was imperial) .

Whel we did more then one thing wrong thats for sure but its shitloads of fun and cant wait to play it again .

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You draw both cards, choose one card, choose one leader on that card, then gain that leader and that card. You will only gain one leader each time you advance the time marker to a recruit space.

It seems like you were treating the effect as 'each' card rather than 'either'.

Only the Death Star Under Construction is immobile. The Death Star can certainly be moved like any other ship unit. It can't retreat, though. Check through the Death Star section in the RRG for other features you may have missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You pick a single leader off the card you choose. So if the card you chose shows 2 leaders you will pick one of the two to recruit.

Barring special card effects, you will have 8 leaders.

Yes, the Death Star moves just like a ship. The Death Star under construction figure, however, is immobile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FIlip De Rijcke
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
thank u both for the quick response .
It was a bit crowdy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I draw 2 action cards and all the leaders printed on are already in play...do I have to continue with 1 leader less? It just happened!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aledrugo1977 wrote:
If I draw 2 action cards and all the leaders printed on are already in play...do I have to continue with 1 leader less? It just happened!

No, you may continue drawing one at a time until you can recruit a leader.
You may also choose to keep one of the cards you drew and not recruit a new leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the appropriate rules:

RRG - Recruiting wrote:
A player cannot recruit a leader that is already on the game
board, in a leader pool, or eliminated from the game.
• If all of the leaders shown on the player’s drawn action
cards have already been recruited, the player may
continue drawing action cards one at a time until he
draws a card that shows a leader that he has not
already recruited.
• A player can choose an action card even if he cannot
recruit any of the leaders on the card. He gains the card
but does not recruit a new leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.