Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this question kinda got lost in another thread:

For vehicles that are marked "Under Armor Transport & Combat" in the carrying capacity section of the datacard, what does the "..& Combat" portion refer to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:

For vehicles that are marked "Under Armor Transport & Combat" in the carrying capacity section of the datacard, what does the "..& Combat" portion refer to?

Reference section 6.6.7.2 Transported Fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And what is the difference between "Under Armor Transport" and "Under Armor Transport & Combat"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:

Reference section 6.6.7.2 Transported Fire.

Quote:
"Passengers firing from Under Armor vehicles are limited to a range
of 2 hexes."
- This I understand, for units designated "Under Armor Transport". My question is: what is the difference between "Under Armor Transport" and "Under Armor Transport & Combat"

What does the "..& Combat" portion refer to? Does it apply 'Under Armor' benefits to Leg units engaging in a Dismount Attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated above, Reference section 6.6.7.2 Transported Fire for the combat question.

With under armor transport, passenger leg and towed units transported by an Under Armor capable vehicle are not attacked (6.5.4.2.3) and passengers firing from Under Armor vehicles are limited to a range of 2 hexes (6.6.7.2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your continued patience Jim.

So there is no difference between Vehicles marked "Under Armor Transport" and those marked "Under Armor Transport & Combat"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
So there is no difference between Vehicles marked "Under Armor Transport" and those marked "Under Armor Transport & Combat"?

What would lead you to believe there was a difference in the first place? What vehicles are marked "Under Armor Transport" and those marked "Under Armor Transport & Combat?"

The Vehicle Data Card Key differentiates between the two, so it seems not unreasonable to conclude that they have different effects.

If this is not the case, why have different markings?
e.g.
M3A1 Bradley CFV is marked Under Armor Transport
The BMP 2 is marked Under Armor Transport & Combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize, I didn't quite grasp your question. Yes, there are vehicles that have under armor transport, but don't allow for under armor combat, e.g., Soviet MT-LB and US M113A2. With those type of vehicles, transported passengers can not fire while transported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabulous, thanks Jim.

I gotta say, this is the only thing that wasn't clear to me in the rules. Considering the depth and detail of the Advanced rulebook, I think that is pretty amazing. Kudos to the team (designer, playtesters and proofreaders)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mongoose27 wrote:
Yes, there are vehicles that have under armor transport, but don't allow for under armor combat, e.g., Soviet MT-LB and US M113A2. With those type of vehicles, transported passengers can not fire while transported.

This is an errata. I added this to the errata in the Errata thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.