3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Mixing material rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim H
Germany
flag msg tools
Just a simple question: do you use material (i.e. market/traveling/Overlord/etc cards) from all expansions when playing or do you stick to a single box?
At the moment we're playing the base game with just the material from the base game. But I don't see a problem with mixing in all the material from the expansions. Are there any?

Cheers,
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In general no problem here.
However, just keep in mind that adding stuff to an ongoing campaign can affect balance. It most likely helps the OL a lot due to a greater variability of monsters, OL cards and stuff. The heroes and classes are fixed, so not much for the heroes to gain here other than new shop items. If OL is losing, it might be a good idea, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ymd_fallen wrote:
Just a simple question: do you use material (i.e. market/traveling/Overlord/etc cards) from all expansions when playing or do you stick to a single box?
At the moment we're playing the base game with just the material from the base game. But I don't see a problem with mixing in all the material from the expansions. Are there any?

Cheers,
Tim

It can be more difficult to draw into the weapons and armor as the stack is bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.