Istanbul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unclear on the movement phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nagarajan A
msg tools
Dear all

I'm still unclear on the following scenario:

On your turn, you leave your last assistant on a tile (no more assistant) and take that action. Now when it comes to your turn again, can you pick up the same assistant you left off on the same tile and perform the same action once again ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
No. you must move at least 1 space.

There is a card that will allow you to move 0, use that and then you can do what you described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. You MUST move either 1 or 2 spaces. You cannot move off and then back onto a tile, must end on a different one. As mentioned, there is a card that allows to move 0 thereby allowing you to stay on your previous space and grab your assisstant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Unlike so many other games, the rules for Istanbul are actually really good: commendably clear and precise.

If you're having trouble, I suggest taking the rules and reading them, slowly, carefully, step by step, as you take your turn. Do exactly what the rules say to do, in exactly the order listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcio Ferreira
Portugal
Viana do Castelo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An alteranive would be to quickly go through the rules, just use the reference card, and still do the steps in the order they are there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nagarajan A
msg tools
Thank you.... fellow geeks....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.