Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using Teleportation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luigi Pasato
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a few games I still have one (important!) question left out. I have searched in the FAQ and Forums for an answer, but I have not found a clearly statement on this.

The rules of the "5. Move/Attack" section on page 5, say:

The Move action allows 1 troop to move.
It is not mandatory to move all the units of the troop; the player can leave some of them on his way. Furthermore, the player can gather units from spaces on his way, as long as he doesn’t exceed the movement capacity.

And then:

A troop can move in three different ways:
A) Ground transportation:
The player moves one or several units of the same troop to an adjacent space.
[...]
C) Using teleportation by a pyramid:
A player can teleport a troop from a pyramid (of his territory or an opponent’s one) to an
obelisk space.

So the question is, when I use teleportation, may I leave some units in the starting space or I have to move all of them?

I have bolded the wording that is confusing me.
Any help will be very apprecciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Luigi wrote:
So the question is, when I use teleportation, may I leave some units in the starting space or I have to move all of them?

Yes, you can leave some on the starting space and just teleport the rest of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi Pasato
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Matthew. But please, can you elaborate a bit your point of view?
I'm confident you are right, but the wording in the rules is confusing to me. I'm missing something for sure.. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mb
You quoted it yourself:

Quote:
The Move action allows 1 troop to move.
It is not mandatory to move all the units of the troop; the player can leave some of them on his way. Furthermore, the player can gather units from spaces on his way, as long as he doesn’t exceed the movement capacity.

The difference in wording there is just a text inconsistency. The point the general rule makes is, you choose the size of the troop you want to move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.