Popular Tags: [View All]
Achille Masserano
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Sorry in advance if this post contains some question that has been unswered in another post, but I tried to ready most of them and it is not so easy to understand if the answer is for 1st Ed, revised or the espansion

After my very first match with the KS edition with no exp I've some question, here we go:

1. Upkeep Stage
- Increase Population
1) if I've acquired the technology to clone 3 instead of 2 it's mandatory to use it every round ?
- Receive income and pay taxes
1) when I use a raffinery should I reduce by 2 the resorce dice ?
2) when I use a raffinery should I pay double taxes?
3) can I decide not to use a raffinery on a single planet ?
4) can I skip a planet production in order to save CP ?
3. Action Stage
- [Play 2nd Reaction]
1) Reaction not used as 1st Reaction are still available for the 2nd one?
5. Conquest Stage (x2)

1) When exactly Civilian Ship can be used?
2) A cube moved by Civilian Ship in round 1 of the Conquest Stage can be loaded into a ship in the same round or in the next one only?
- Move all ships
1) can I declare which ships in an hex are cloacked or uncloacked or the status is for all my ship in the hex ?
- Resolve space conflicts
1) I didn't understand how to manage a three player fight, saying damage are applyed in reverse turn orders, means all shot to the last player until he die or what ?
2) What if in a fight against a Centurian ship both my ships and the Centurian's one are destroyed ? I get the card ? The Centurian marker is removed ?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
NeotheOne wrote:

1) if I've acquired the technology to clone 3 instead of 2 it's mandatory to use it every round ?

yes
NeotheOne wrote:

1) when I use a raffinery should I reduce by 2 the resorce dice?
2) when I use a raffinery should I pay double taxes?
3) can I decide not to use a raffinery on a single planet ?
4) can I skip a planet production in order to save CP ?

yes to all
NeotheOne wrote:
1) Reaction not used as 1st Reaction are still available for [b]the 2nd one?

no

NeotheOne wrote:
1) When exactly Civilian Ship can be used?

look at your player aid, it is after perform ship movement.

NeotheOne wrote:
2) A cube moved by Civilian Ship in round 1 of the Conquest Stage can be loaded into a ship in the same round or in the next one only?

again, look at the player aid, step 1 is load population, step 2 is move, step 3 is civilian ships.

NeotheOne wrote:
1) can I declare which ships in an hex are cloacked or uncloacked or the status is for all my ship in the hex ?

all of them. you can't pick.

NeotheOne wrote:
1) I didn't understand how to manage a three player fight, saying damage are applyed in reverse turn orders, means all shot to the last player until he die or what ?

player 1 scores 4 hits, player 2 scores 3 hits, player 3 scores 6 hits.
player 3 decided where the hits go, then player 2 decides where his 3 hits go, then player 1 decides where his 4 hits go.
NeotheOne wrote:
2) What if in a fight against a Centurian ship both my ships and the Centurian's one are destroyed ? I get the card ? The Centurian marker is removed ?

you get nothing, the marker is removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are all correct answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achille Masserano
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, just two more questions

- Which player aid are you talking about ? In the base game one I can't see "3 civilian ship" or something like that ?
- I can assign hits among different players ?

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NeotheOne wrote:
Which player aid are you talking about ? In the base game one I can't see "3 civilian ship" or something like that ?

In the base game rule book the timing of Civilian Ships is not entirely clear. In the rule book (on page 8) Civilian Ships are mentioned at the end of the Mount Population paragraph. Now, what that meant, was — first, mount population, then use Civilian Ships. But too many players interpreted this to be meant that you could utilize Civilian Ships before mounting population, which was not the case. In the expansion (which has additional player aids that foksieloy is referring to) the Civilian Ships are explicitly mentioned (in the base game you have player aids or, rather, turn summaries on the back of the Turn Order cards, but unfortunately Civilian Ships are not mentioned there).

In the end, it does not matter whether Civilian Ship movement happens before or after ship movement. It always happened after mounting population, which is the key distinction. The expansion just made it clearer and reduced any confusion about timing. (It also makes a bit more thematic sense that your civilian ships would move at the same time, or immediately after, your war ships.)

NeotheOne wrote:
I can assign hits among different players ?

If multiple players are participating in the same Player Combat, yes, then you can freely assign damage among all eligible targets.

In Player Combat, where three or more players are participating simultaneously, players simply assign hits in reverse Turn Order. (This is similar to how other "intentions" are declared during the game. When launching WMDs, the targets are declared in reverse turn order.) In other words — when assigning damage, the player who goes last has to declare their intentions first by assigning hits first. This gives an earlier Turn Order the advantage of being able to "react" against anyone who may be targeting them.

In all combat, however — all dice are always rolled first, by all participating parties, before any damage is assigned. So, it's not like you will ever be destroyed before having a chance to shoot. You always get to shoot, you just may not survive afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achille Masserano
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everything is crystal clear now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.