Last Frontier: The Vesuvius Incident» Forums » Rules

Subject: LIFT movement / exit / entry ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Despite having read the lift paragraph many – many - times, I’m still confused…

Therefore, I tried to illustrate my – current – understanding of the lift movement allowance and/or entry/exit, according to Combat turn or Exploration turn.

I would appreciate any confirmation or correction. Thanks in advance.

[COMBAT TURN]

[EXPLORATION TURN]
Edit : forget about the hacking roll question (in green). No hacking during Human phase in Exploration turn.... My mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been too long since I've played. I will try to read up soon and maybe I can help. Hopefully in the meantime someone more knowledgeable will come along to help you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
It's been too long since I've played. I will try to read up soon and maybe I can help. Hopefully in the meantime someone more knowledgeable will come along to help you!

Thank you Ryan. I'm not in a hurry, anyway. Not being definitely sure about a rule never prevented me from playing - and enjoying - the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Pattison
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifts are confusing. You've got combat turns correct, and your interpretation of the rules for the exploration turns is the way I play it. It takes three five second combat turns to go through a lift operating cycle. Since exploration turns are 10 seconds to 2 minutes long, the lift could go through up to 8 cycles, so you should be able to move any number of units up or down the lifts as long as they don't enter an unoccupied corridor on either side during the human action phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Koinsky
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the confirmation, George. I'll keep it as my definitive understanding of the lift's movement, then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal Sofge
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you don't need a hacking roll to move the lifts if you're in the car or at one of the two end hatches -- you just push the buttons instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.