BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: The Cabin in the Woods, Part 4- N0 and Signup Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Everything_is_edible [+] [View All]
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Halloweens ago, 15 adventurers first explored the Cabin, getting quickly murdered by the Evil Twins (and winning a Wolfy for Best Theme). On a Friday the 13th, another 16 took their chances, this time managing to survive the wrath of the Unicorn. Last Halloween, 17 players got murdered by Dismemberment Goblins. And at CabinCon, 16 people managed to stop the zombie uprising. There have been false claims, entertaining gifs, and best of all, lots of blood.

This Halloween, it's time to return to the Cabin in the Woods!

Note: Balance is not guaranteed. In fact, the game is slightly skewed towards evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Team Evil

There are two evil teams in this game: the unknown horror that was unleashed during D0 and The Facility.

The Facility

There will be two members of The Facility, Sitterson and Hadley. They will receive their roles at the beginning of the game and are one of the Evil Teams. They share a chat throughout the entire game.

Unlike traditional Evil Teams, they do not get a night kill. Instead, they will be given opportunities along the way to influence the game, just like the employees of the facility did in real life. They will also be able to view for members of the Horror Trope Team each night.

Their win condition is for all members of the Horror Trope Team to be killed, but it isn't a solo victory. If they are successful, their victory will immediately be announced, their identities will be revealed, and they will be removed from the game.

Team Good:

Team consists of an unknown number of Cabin Guests* (villagers) and the Horror Trope Team. They win by eliminating all members of the unknown evil team.

The Horror Trope Team

The Virgin- Is unable to die before the other members of The Horror Trope Team. If targeted for death while other members are still alive, The Virgin will survive. Views for other members of the HTT each night. If found, they will be told who she is.

The Fool- Immune to all influence by The Facility. Registers as a negative on their night views for members of the Horror Trope Team. Views for members of The Facility each night.

The Whore- Shares a chat with The Jock.

The Jock- Shares a chat with The Whore. Brutal on death.

The Scholar- Views for team (Unknown Evil, HTT, and Cabin Guests). N0 view is a Cabin Guest. The Facility show up as Cabin Guests to The Scholar.

Unknown Evil Team:

Bets have been made, and evil has been unleashed. Something is coming after the group in the Cabin. Or maybe it's already inside.

This post will be updated with Evil roles as they are revealed during the game.

Roles:
????

*There is a chance that there may be a cabin guest or two with special abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mod!LJ’s standard rules post. Some of this might not apply. Ignore it if it doesn’t.

Friendly Game: First and foremost, this is a friendly game. Don’t be mean to people. Things like name calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated and may result in a perma-ban from my games if I tell you that you are crossing lines and you don’t stop. If you feel like someone else crossed a line, let me know, and I can talk to them for you.

Conditional Orders: These are accepted for orders, views, kills, et cetera. They can be things like “If Irina flips Seer, NK Belash instead”, “If 4th is lynched, view Lemon”, or even “Consider Ziilch my perma-backup view if I don’t have a valid order in.” They can’t be things like, “If someone hard claims Seer between now and dawn, protect them.” If you’re unsure, just ask!

Deadlines: All deadlines are X:X0:59. That means that if dusk is at 2pm, any posts with 2:00pm timestamp are valid. If Dawn is at 12:30, orders with a 12:31 timestamp will not be accepted. If a deadline happens and I don’t call dawn/dusk/give results/etc, hold the horse. I’ll be there shortly.

Brutal Orders: Brutals are mandatory unless otherwise stated. If you are brutal and do not have a valid order or conditional in place, your brutal will take out someone from your own team. So be sure to use orders and add conditionals if you might have a brutal.

Speeding Things Up: Nightfalls are valid options. If nightfall votes happen such that lynch results are locked, I will process dusk. If this is a game with vote manipulation, I will not unless there’s enough of a margin that any voting manipulation will not be given away. Unless I say otherwise, locking your game orders at night will speed up dawn.

Minimum Requirements: This falls between a Post for Your Life and a Proof of Life game. There is no minimum posting requirement, but if you’re not engaged in the game, I might replace you out. If you’re only going to make 1 post each day, they better be good posts. Likewise, if you miss a set of night orders, you can’t make them up, and I will replace you out. You don’t have to be omnipresent, but you need to be playing.

ModChat Information: Doing anything akin to flipping your card or talking about the color of your hat will result in a modkill. This includes: directly quoting modchats, using or faking screenshots of anything in Cassandra, or having people verify information by giving out the 10th word or letter that they get. This could also include things like, “LJ was late giving out views. Tell me what time she gave them out.” For more information and clarifications on this, please see this post.

Starts When Full: If this is a starts when full game, as soon as the game fills, I will post a message saying that it’s full and giving people warning that I will put it into start mode the next night. The exception to this rule is a game that fills the week that it’s put up. Those will start immediately.

Deleting/Editing Posts:
Do not ever delete a post. It may result in a modkill but will definitely result in a loss, even if your team wins. Please do not edit posts too often, and be sure to indicate what you changed. If you edit a vote, you will be considered to have voted there, especially if you nightfall.

Other: If something comes up that I don’t address in the rules, I will use my best judgment when resolving it. If the Lynch/Night time are different in the OP and Cassy, assume that Cassy is right. If I screw something up, I will retcon or change things to even it out with both sides. If it’s pre-D2, I may re-roll.

You may be interested in this game.

Don’t be a dick.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an old post, but the link works. The list will be updated when the game starts.

Player List According to Cassandra:
AlwaysIdle
AnneAa
Benesephiir
BerenCamlost
bunkermatt
Chronomodra
Elaur
FaleohFang
gelrod
JaredW25
kendahlj
monogarden
PaperF
Quaseymoto
RoyalApe
SerWave
silverbonds
Syntax3rror
TFang
The_Rorab
WolfParade
xandryyte

22 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://ec2-52-55-166-81.compute-1.amazonaws.com/game/1644829

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G C

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chronomodra wrote:

Yay!

The unicorns are back to represent, y'all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G C

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
Chronomodra wrote:

Yay!

Ugh, don't remind me of the unicorns game. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chronomodra wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
Chronomodra wrote:

Yay!

Ugh, don't remind me of the unicorns game. yuk

We got to be perfect and beautiful. It came with a price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
THURSDAYS ARE ERRAND DAY
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost missed signing up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby F.
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. - Linus
badge
I am fat and tasty!
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed it at CabinCon, so should take my chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
Quaseymoto wrote:
Missed it at CabinCon, so should take my chance.

WOOOOOT! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are over 15 now, so this will definitely run!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0.o
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This runs on halloween?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elaur wrote:
This runs on halloween?

The N0 phase starts on Halloween.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0.o
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AlwaysIdle
Benesephiir
BerenCamlost
Chronomodra
Elaur
FaleohFang
gelrod
inkarnit
JaredW25
kendahlj
monogarden
PaperF
pilotbob
Quaseymoto
RoyalApe
SerWave
silverbonds
Syntax3rror
TFang
The_Rorab
Veni Vidi Vici
WolfParade
xandryyte

23 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1644829
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up in Cassy2.0! I signed up everyone that had been on the roster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! <3
badge
"Work like a Captain. Play like a Pirate!"
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Up in Cassy2.0! I signed up everyone that had been on the roster.

#Excite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's excited? I'm excited.

For anyone that was at CabinCon, none of the games will be meta-breaking twists like The Doctors option. Everything will be some shade of informed evil minority vs uninformed good majority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Beck
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
Let's Go Royals! *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*
badge
The Real Rafiki
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's n0, when do I get so start playing with stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
If it's n0, when do I get so start playing with stuff?

N0 starts on Halloween!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Nickname courtesy of Baby Cat! <3
badge
"Work like a Captain. Play like a Pirate!"
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's Going to Happen Tomorrow?

1) The game will go into start mode. Sitterson and Hadley will learn who they are and how to activate the different evils. Everyone else will be TBD (blank role in Cassandra).

2) I will post the description of what happens when you enter the cabin. There will be a variety of objects for you to interact with. The main rules are: you can't force other people to do things, and you can't take something that someone else is already doing something with.

3) Someone will unleash one of the unknown evils from the board in the OP.

The thread will open for exploration in the morning, and it will close late at night, at which point final roles will be handed out, and we'll move to the main game thread for the actual game.

I'll post guidelines about how to interact with the objects when the game opens on the 31st!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassy Whisperer
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra but I'm not sure why.. hope I have time for such a big game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WALL-E
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
3rrrrr
mbmbmbmb
Just a request: If possible could you at least give a rough idea when you plan on opening N0 before you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.