Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I have recently became addicted to Arkham horror and have decided to get the expansions in relative order. But on my searches every retailer in the UK has none of the big box expansions.. But on further research all these countries have every big box expansion for sale. Germany, France, Sweden, Norway, Spain and many more.

Why is this the case? Does the UK have a larger gaming community and thus sell out quicker or receive a far smaller stock of the games? it's not just limited to Arkham horror, many other titles are out of stock in the UK but available elsewhere in Europe, often at cheaper prices than they retail in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked boardgame prices?

http://boardgameprices.co.uk/item/search?search=arkham+horro...

There are a few listed in there, but I don't know much about the game to know if they are what you are after.

Additionally, research the expansions and see if they are language independent and you maybe able to order and use the "foreign" language versions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I used that site, but when you click on them every UK retailer is out of stock. I know I can order from the oversea retailers at an elevated cost, usually postage. I was more curious why the UK retailers were always out of stock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Johnson
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Esdevium games is the major boardgame distrubutor in the UK.
If they havent gotten any arkham expansions in then its likely that many UK retailers will also be unable to get them, bearing in mind that the first big box expansion for arkham horror was printed in 2006, a decade ago then it is unlikely they have dead stock like this just sat around.

Your best bet of acquiring the expansions is to look into trades/ sales here on the geek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exparrot wrote:
Esdevium games is the major boardgame distrubutor in the UK.
If they havent gotten any arkham expansions in then its likely that many UK retailers will also be unable to get them, bearing in mind that the first big box expansion for arkham horror was printed in 2006, a decade ago then it is unlikely they have dead stock like this just sat around.

Your best bet of acquiring the expansions is to look into trades/ sales here on the geek

My question now is geared towards why European retailers seem to have all the Arkham horror expansions in stock, even those printed in 2006. I will just save and buy from Europe, seems a better market than the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the course of getting the collections of Arkham Horror and Descent: Journeys in the Dark (2e) I too encountered this problem. I ended up having to run around the net buying a game here, a game there (which turned out to be more expensive as European and individual UK purchases meant no free postage in most cases as well as certain stores hiking their prices due to a game's relative rarity).

I don't understand why these games are available without difficulty in France, Belgium, Gerrmany etc etc, but seemingly very sparse in the UK.

Do certain distributors have a monopoly in various European countries? Is the market that much bigger in the UK than the rest of Europe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James O'Donovan
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.Boardgameguru.co.uk seems to have a few of them in stock.

www.BookDepository.com is also worth looking at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.