Hide
3 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Agent question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fox Reinard
msg tools
I'm sorry if this has come up before. It seems to be one of those things that would be a FAQ but I didn't find it in the unofficial FAQ, nor in the most recent Errata.

If you use the Summon Agent card and replace a key monster (For example, Rolok in Archive of Arrizon) in a quest, what happens? Heroes immediately win? Quest unwinnable by heroes if the monster in question is not part of a group that can be Reinforced? Neither seems likely, and I will be playing this as "This is not permitted to happen" but I'm curious to know how this is normally handled, if at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
foxreinard wrote:
I'm sorry if this has come up before. It seems to be one of those things that would be a FAQ but I didn't find it in the unofficial FAQ, nor in the most recent Errata.

If you use the Summon Agent card and replace a key monster (For example, Rolok in Archive of Arrizon) in a quest, what happens? Heroes immediately win? Quest unwinnable by heroes if the monster in question is not part of a group that can be Reinforced? Neither seems likely, and I will be playing this as "This is not permitted to happen" but I'm curious to know how this is normally handled, if at all.

The Plot cards that summon an Agent only allow replacing an open group so it is not a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Amazing what I can fail to consider when pondering such a question. I knew that but it didn't occur to me when trying to reason how it would work.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.