Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Korneel Troch
Belgium
Ghent
Oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've accidentally bought a French version of the Deluxe edition, is this problematic with the cards? I've read that the crossroads expansion adds language dependent components.

Nobody of us has played with the crossroads expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korneeltroch wrote:
So I've accidentally bought a French version of the Deluxe edition, is this problematic with the cards? I've read that the crossroads expansion adds language dependent components.

Nobody of us has played with the crossroads expansion.
Yes, the Crossroads expansion has language on the cards, so you'll want to track down a translation cheat sheet (or create one, if one doesn't already exist for French-to-German). For the base game alone, however, you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game is completely language-independant and uses only icons on the board and on the cards. The expansion has a few cards with a small bit of text in them (the 6 calligraphy and 6 amulet cards) so you may have to do something about those. Fortunately it's just a small phrase or a two-line paragraph at most, and you can find the translation on the english manual in the files section. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/93275/rulebook

I play regularily with a few people that aren't bilingual (we speak spanish) so with these games that have a few language-dependant cards I usually sleeve them along with a printed square of paper with the translated text. Not as elegant as a custom paste-up, but it's quick and easy to make and I don't need to ruin the original cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisses Clan Skryre
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmb
mearendil wrote:
The base game is completely language-independant and uses only icons on the board and on the cards. The expansion has a few cards with a small bit of text in them (the 6 calligraphy and 6 amulet cards) so you may have to do something about those. Fortunately it's just a small phrase or a two-line paragraph at most, and you can find the translation on the english manual in the files section. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/93275/rulebook

I play regularily with a few people that aren't bilingual (we speak spanish) so with these games that have a few language-dependant cards I usually sleeve them along with a printed square of paper with the translated text. Not as elegant as a custom paste-up, but it's quick and easy to make and I don't need to ruin the original cards.

Same here. For games that area cheap in german and with only a few words, I print the text on a postit, then cut it out, put it on the card & in the sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.