40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: The Brawler: Trump vows to hit Hillary harder in next debate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J.D. Hall
msg tools
I admit it: I turned off the debate after 45 minutes. Nobody was saying anything new, and both were trying to out-zing each other. It truly reminded me of the Ali-Frazier bouts back in the 1970s: Trump as Frazier, just punching and punching and not backing down, and Clinton trying to be methodical and precise, using the ropes to back off before landing punches.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/27/trump-threatens-t...

Still the most interesting election in my lifetime, but good God, one of these idiots will be president of the United States. Shame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched for about twenty minutes, but I knew Trump was done when Lester Holt had to get him back on track to address the question he asked. At that point, I was expecting to see Lester with his palms up above his head, his shoulders shrugging, and him saying "What the f*&k is going on, and why am I losing control of two petulant children?"

They are both disgusting idiots, neither of which deserve to be President of this country.

Shame indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Two of the worst choices I've had to vote for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:
Two of the worst choices I've had to vote for.

Nobody says you have to vote for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
matthean wrote:
Daddys_Home wrote:

A shit ton of Carlin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Harrison
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I'm depressed too. Fortunately I have about a glass or so of wine left in that bottle in my fridge. Hopefully that will help me care less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I admit it: I turned off the debate after 45 minutes. Nobody was saying anything new, and both were trying to out-zing each other. It truly reminded me of the Ali-Frazier bouts back in the 1970s: Trump as Frazier, just punching and punching and not backing down, and Clinton trying to be methodical and precise, using the ropes to back off before landing punches.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09/27/trump-threatens-t...

Still the most interesting election in my lifetime, but good God, one of these idiots will be president of the United States. Shame!

I imagine that Trump acting more like himself and being on the offensive can only help Clinton. I'm sure most people in the Clinton campaign have just been waiting for him to come out from under the thumb of his campaign manager start swinging again. Trump acting calm for the past three weeks has been what has helped him in the polls. People seeing him as angry and aggressive turns people off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
chrisnd wrote:
I watched for about twenty minutes, but I knew Trump was done when Lester Holt had to get him back on track to address the question he asked. At that point, I was expecting to see Lester with his palms up above his head, his shoulders shrugging, and him saying "What the f*&k is going on, and why am I losing control of two petulant children?"

They are both disgusting idiots, neither of which deserve to be President of this country.

Shame indeed!

If Biden were to swoop in, largely unscathed, you think he'd get less than 60%?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Oh you guys and your 'hey I'm not a dummy, look how cynical I am!' thing

~~~

@The thread title, oh please do, Mr. Trump! Go after her for Bill. I want another Joe Welch moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

You stay you, Brian :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
windsagio wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

You stay you, Brian

I'm just here to point out the obvious in the land of denial.

My official guess is 60% with Biden getting most of Johnson, Greenie lady, the undecideds, and 5% of Trump supporters.

Edit: 60-35

Barring something YUGE
Trump Clinton: 50-45 Trump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
chrisnd wrote:

Shame indeed!

I don't have a dog in this race because my state is all Red all the time. And I don't have a way to watch a debate. But I did check 3 sources for each faction this morning - all the lefty sources claimed victory for the iHill V. 7.0 and all the Righty ones claimed Trump was the victor. Shocker. Still, Breitbart was specific in their analysis pointing out that this Holt guy never asked about the Clinton Foundation play-for-pay nor did he mention the emails.

Is that true? because if it is then I'm pretty sure the media is totally in the bag for Her. What else is there to ask about? He pressed the Trumpster on his weak points but let The Hildebeast slide?

Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
Tripp told me he'd blocked me, so could someone mention that that does seem to be true, so we have the miracle of Brietbart not lying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Daddys_Home wrote:
]
matthean wrote:
shake Did NOT with either last time, so; "same old tired shit!" ad 'infinitumblejumble' as usual from YOU-alls, again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Tripp told me he'd blocked me, so could someone mention that that does seem to be true, so we have the miracle of Brietbart not lying?

It's a bit of a stretch. When Trump attacked Hillary about the emails, Holt interrupted and then asked her to address the issue. Holt didn't interrogate her or anything, but he definitely asked her about the emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
windsagio wrote:

It's a bit of a stretch. When Trump attacked Hillary about the emails, Holt interrupted and then asked her to address the issue. Holt didn't interrogate her or anything, but he definitely asked her about the emails.

Fair enough, I was focused on the Clinton foundation thing, which to my memory didn't come up.

Maybe that's the one thing they managed to get Trump to agree to though: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T MENTION CHARITIES!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She handles it really quickly and that's it.

Quote:
On Clinton’s emails

HOLT: He also -- he also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond to that?

CLINTON: I do. You know, I made a mistake using a private e- mail.

TRUMP: That's for sure.

CLINTON: And if I had to do it over again, I would, obviously, do it differently. But I'm not going to make any excuses. It was a mistake, and I take responsibility for that.

HOLT: Mr. Trump?

TRUMP: That was more than a mistake. That was done purposely. OK? That was not a mistake. That was done purposely. When you have your staff taking the Fifth Amendment, taking the Fifth so they're not prosecuted, when you have the man that set up the illegal server taking the Fifth, I think it's disgraceful. And believe me, this country thinks it's -- really thinks it's disgraceful, also.

As far as my tax returns, you don't learn that much from tax returns. That I can tell you. You learn a lot from financial disclosure. And you should go down and take a look at that.

The other thing, I'm extremely underleveraged. The report that said $650 -- which, by the way, a lot of friends of mine that know my business say, boy, that's really not a lot of money. It's not a lot of money relative to what I had.

The buildings that were in question, they said in the same report, which was -- actually, it wasn't even a bad story, to be honest with you, but the buildings are worth $3.9 billion. And the $650 isn't even on that. But it's not $650. It's much less than that.

But I could give you a list of banks, I would -- if that would help you, I would give you a list of banks. These are very fine institutions, very fine banks. I could do that very quickly.

I am very underleveraged. I have a great company. I have a tremendous income. And the reason I say that is not in a braggadocios way. It's because it's about time that this country had somebody running it that has an idea about money.

When we have $20 trillion in debt, and our country's a mess, you know, it's one thing to have $20 trillion in debt and our roads are good and our bridges are good and everything's in great shape, our airports. Our airports are like from a third world country.

You land at LaGuardia, you land at Kennedy, you land at LAX, you land at Newark, and you come in from Dubai and Qatar and you see these incredible -- you come in from China, you see these incredible airports, and you land -- we've become a third world country.

So the worst of all things has happened. We owe $20 trillion, and we're a mess. We haven't even started. And we've spent $6 trillion in the Middle East, according to a report that I just saw. Whether it's 6 or 5, but it looks like it's 6, $6 trillion in the Middle East, we could have rebuilt our country twice.

And it's really a shame. And it's politicians like Secretary Clinton that have caused this problem. Our country has tremendous problems. We're a debtor nation. We're a serious debtor nation. And we have a country that needs new roads, new tunnels, new bridges, new airports, new schools, new hospitals. And we don't have the money, because it's been squandered on so many of your ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
and all the Righty ones claimed Trump was the victor. Shocker. Still, Breitbart was specific in their analysis pointing out that this Holt guy never asked about the Clinton Foundation play-for-pay nor did he mention the emails.

Except, not really:

breitbart wrote:
Democratic nominee for president Hillary Clinton edged her GOP rival Donald Trump in Monday’s presidential debate held at Hofstra University before a television audience estimated at 100 million viewers, according to a Breitbart/Gravis “flash poll” conducted minutes after the debate ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
chrisnd wrote:

Shame indeed!

I don't have a dog in this race because my state is all Red all the time. And I don't have a way to watch a debate. But I did check 3 sources for each faction this morning - all the lefty sources claimed victory for the iHill V. 7.0 and all the Righty ones claimed Trump was the victor. Shocker. Still, Breitbart was specific in their analysis pointing out that this Holt guy never asked about the Clinton Foundation play-for-pay nor did he mention the emails.

Is that true? because if it is then I'm pretty sure the media is totally in the bag for Her. What else is there to ask about? He pressed the Trumpster on his weak points but let The Hildebeast slide?

Wow.

The Foundation thing is easy. While the C F may 'feel' questionabke to some there is actual record of the TF doing directly illegal things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

The Foundation thing is easy. While the C F may 'feel' questionabke to some there is actual record of the TF doing directly illegal things.

Sure. if you want anyone to imagine that somehow a foundation run by a reality TV host is no different than one run by the Secretary of State, then fine. But, of course they aren't. And I have no idea what you're talking about wrt to TF lawbreaking, why isn't he indicted?

See? Nobody is going to change their stripes - it does appear though that the so-called moderator was on her side though. It's tiring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Is that true? because if it is then I'm pretty sure the media is totally in the bag for Her.

One data point among millions. I mean, was there ever any doubt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

Sure. if you want anyone to imagine that somehow a foundation run by a reality TV host is no different than one run by the Secretary of State, then fine. But, of course they aren't. And I have no idea what you're talking about wrt to TF lawbreaking, why isn't he indicted?

See? Nobody is going to change their stripes - it does appear though that the so-called moderator was on her side though. It's tiring.

Yeah... just like everyone in life is on your side. It does seem heartwarming to believe, but the truth indicates otherwise.

Hey, at least you have DW to hold you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

With Clinton it is the money in that looks bad, but the money out seems legit (and not just pretty legit)

Trump's miney out is the problem. A contributiin to a FL attorneygeneral whose office was investigating him (looks shadey but maybe meh) buying a lainting of himself with the charity's money (for use at one of his businesses) ahich is illegal but at 10k basically peanuts, and using a quarter of a million out of it to pay settlements against Trump himself (this may get investigsted in time, as to why it hasn't, be's Trump, other set of rules for the rich et al)

So in summary, there's actual evidence Trump did what there are shadows of people accusing Clinton of doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Is that true? because if it is then I'm pretty sure the media is totally in the bag for Her.

Well maybe, at least what I read leading up to that debate was that this Holt guy wasn't a Hildebeast patsy. I guess he was because the only refuting I see here is Shadrach carrying on about how the Clinton Foundation only looked bad while Trump's is provably bad - which was debunked a long time ago. Plus, this false rage over him "not really" being against the Iraq War is just making things look even more stupid. The whole premise appears to be one 3 word sentence uttered in response to a question on a radio show.

It's creepy.

FB showed me a *relevant* news item about Trump filling a huge hanger in Florida so I looked it up - uh, that was impressive. Doesn't seem like a loss to me. If HRC doesn't get Florida she's in deep shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

Well maybe, at least what I read leading up to that debate was that this Holt guy wasn't a Hildebeast patsy. I guess he was because the only refuting I see here is Shadrach carrying on about how the Clinton Foundation only looked bad while Trump's is provably bad - which was debunked a long time ago. Plus, this false rage over him "not really" being against the Iraq War is just making things look even more stupid. The whole premise appears to be one 3 word sentence uttered in response to a question on a radio show.

It's creepy.

FB showed me a *relevant* news item about Trump filling a huge hanger in Florida so I looked it up - uh, that was impressive. Doesn't seem like a loss to me. If HRC doesn't get Florida she's in deep shit.

Care to post said "debunking"? And how many thousands were in the hangar as opposed to the millions that will actually be voting in the election? You seem easily impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.