$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 122

7,322 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.1% of Goal | left

Support:

William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what it looks like. I just want to make sure I am not overlooking anything.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Black Plague Crossover set and the dice are KS exclusive
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
The Black Plague Crossover set and the dice are KS exclusive


Those are the only things I noticed as well. It seems out of character for a CMON release. I was expecting 2 boxes to be exclusive and 2 more that will be available at retail with 2 figure exclusives thrown in during the kickstarter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's a little odd.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
Looks like the marble/frost dice are exclusive. Taken from their description...

"Note that this set is a Kickstarter Exclusive and will not be available for general retail sale."

Other than that I didn't see anything that said the other optional buys were exclusive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've discovered from Zombicide: Black Plague is this--you are also going to be getting the items up front. Waiting on the Z:BP stuff to trickle out like the doors and plastic bits takes time. So there's that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But aren't a lot of the items in the KS core set KS-exclusive? The ogre, the floating eye thingie, some of the heroes, etc.? Maybe they want us to buy more copies of the $120 core set. Or maybe I read that wrong. Given what I see the KS Blood Rage set going for, buying multiple copies of the KS core set seems to be the game speculator's best bet. Not that I condone game speculation, I personally think it's a bit creepy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I actually prefer it this way. In my opinion, KSE are best when limited to non-mainstream-content type stuff, like the case here with dice and crossover sets. Otherwise, it feels like people who miss the KS really get penalized.

There's no way I can afford all the KS games that I want to, so many I just have to let go to retail and follow up later.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hausig
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. The way this was run, most of the exclusives come with the core set and the advantage of pledging more for the expansions is to get those earlier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 17 of the 30 (if you include the expansions) Roaming monsters are KSE, as well as 3 of the heroes, and then there are also the 5 artifact cards and the dice bag. Only the marble dice (not frost) and BP x-over are KSE in the add-ons.

Like Ken said, it is early availability, as well as a small discount (10%? I think), that they are using as an incentive for the add-ons.

This is the reason I noted in the other thread I was going for many of the expansions now. Given that the expansions are likely to trickle out over a long period of time, coupled with the insanely cheap shipping they are offering now, means that it will likely actually be cheaper overall to get it now instead of wait.

Any OLGS discount will be eaten up by shipping, given that you may not be able to purchase more than 1 or 2 expansions at a time if the release schedule is slow. Of course, that is assuming you are interested in the game system to begin with.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Habilis wrote:
But aren't a lot of the items in the KS core set KS-exclusive? The ogre, the floating eye thingie, some of the heroes, etc.? Maybe they want us to buy more copies of the $120 core set. Or maybe I read that wrong. Given what I see the KS Blood Rage set going for, buying multiple copies of the KS core set seems to be the game speculator's best bet. Not that I condone game speculation, I personally think it's a bit creepy.


Yes, but the question was about the add-ons.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
That is what it looks like. I just want to make sure I am not overlooking anything.


Yeah, several things have been different with this campaign. I was curious from the start (and still am), if we might not be seeing a subtle shift in the CMoN KS model. Particularly now that they have acquired the rights to the Zcide Franchise.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see with their next campaign--what ever it may be.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:


Yes, but the question was about the add-ons.


Right, I know. There was a question regarding facts ("Are the KS add-ons not KS exclusive?") which I think was answered satisfactorily, followed by the implied analytical question "Why aren't the additional buys KS exclusive?" I was kind of trying to answer that question, at least with my interpretation.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about game industry economics, and that my answer is based on what I've seen on eBay and the BGG market with Blood Rage ("Complete KS Blood Rage with all KS exclusives: $EIGHT MILLION DOLLARS!") etc., as opposed to "Blood Rage with some other stuff that sometimes is in print but is usually sold out: $NOT HORRIBLE COLLECTIBLE PRICE!"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Timmermans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Xookliba wrote:
Yes, 17 of the 30 (if you include the expansions) Roaming monsters are KSE, as well as 3 of the heroes, and then there are also the 5 artifact cards and the dice bag. Only the marble dice (not frost) and BP x-over are KSE in the add-ons.

Like Ken said, it is early availability, as well as a small discount (10%? I think), that they are using as an incentive for the add-ons.

This is the reason I noted in the other thread I was going for many of the expansions now. Given that the expansions are likely to trickle out over a long period of time, coupled with the insanely cheap shipping they are offering now, means that it will likely actually be cheaper overall to get it now instead of wait.

Any OLGS discount will be eaten up by shipping, given that you may not be able to purchase more than 1 or 2 expansions at a time if the release schedule is slow. Of course, that is assuming you are interested in the game system to begin with.


To Europeans, it's more than a small discount, BTW. The Deadeye Walkers for instance, would've cost 19 euro in the pledge. It now retails for 30. That's a 33% discount.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all but US-Americans will get it way cheaper through PM than retail.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been plenty complaints about the plethora of exclusives, so they probably want to try it a bit different for once.

Also, they might have noticed that the difference between exclusives and non-exclusives isn't so huge when it comes to selling add-ons during the campaign, who knows. I, for one, make no real difference there, I buy what I want, not what is exclusive. Might be a reason for them trying to just put them out there instead of semi-forcing them on their backers with the exclusive stamp.

Bye
Thanee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasha Dare
Australia
Eaglemont
VIC
flag msg tools
QorDaq wrote:
Guess we'll just have to wait and see with their next campaign--what ever it may be.


http://cmon.co/worldofsmog
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Eide
Norway
Kongsberg
Buskerud
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeroenemans wrote:
Xookliba wrote:
Yes, 17 of the 30 (if you include the expansions) Roaming monsters are KSE, as well as 3 of the heroes, and then there are also the 5 artifact cards and the dice bag. Only the marble dice (not frost) and BP x-over are KSE in the add-ons.

Like Ken said, it is early availability, as well as a small discount (10%? I think), that they are using as an incentive for the add-ons.

This is the reason I noted in the other thread I was going for many of the expansions now. Given that the expansions are likely to trickle out over a long period of time, coupled with the insanely cheap shipping they are offering now, means that it will likely actually be cheaper overall to get it now instead of wait.

Any OLGS discount will be eaten up by shipping, given that you may not be able to purchase more than 1 or 2 expansions at a time if the release schedule is slow. Of course, that is assuming you are interested in the game system to begin with.


To Europeans, it's more than a small discount, BTW. The Deadeye Walkers for instance, would've cost 19 euro in the pledge. It now retails for 30. That's a 33% discount.


The deadeye walker retail for 44 Euro where I live. So the saveings can be pretty huge..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
I know that I am among those often disgusted by Kickstarter exclusives. I normally don't hear about Kickstarter projects until after I missed my chance to back them. I don't mind exclusives like alternate art, dice, playmats, or poses for miniatures.

I despise when it is something that changes how the game can be played. This causes me to feel like I am getting an incomplete game. Due to that, I never support those games if I missed out on them.

Frankly, I think that games with exclusives on how they play do more to hurt the game than help it. I haven't purchased any CMoN games due to their exclusives. I have played and enjoyed some of them but I didn't buy any of them since I didn't want incomplete games in my collection.

They've lost hundreds of dollars on their previous game that they could have easily earned from me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Sanchez
msg tools
Honestly it doesn't make a lot of sense for cmon to make a lot of the addons ks exclusive. If they know the ks will do well and production to be fully funded. They are only limiting thier own profit.

People are already getting a tremendous discount and the biggest initial purchase price is alraady incentivized with ks exclusives in the main box set. And once those people are hooked they will eventually sell them more expansions or addons later.

So the only thing a ks addon exclusive does is limit cmon fron selling it retail later for 33% more when they already had the mold and sculpts and production paid for through the KS. I hope they continue this model of ks campaigns.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungo wrote:

So the only thing a ks addon exclusive does is limit cmon fron selling it retail later for 33% more when they already had the mold and sculpts and production paid for through the KS. I hope they continue this model of ks campaigns.


It looks like you are only considering the option of an entire add-on pack being exclusive. They have also taken retail add-on packs and simply added 1 or 2 extra bits that are KS exclusive. That way they can still reused the main molds for retail, but it encourages backers to buy them up front for the extra content.

I've been saying for a while that CMON is probably listening to the people who campaign for less exclusives (I am not one of them--I prefer value for my added time and expense, but to each their own). So they are testing the waters. If these packs don't sell well now, I bet we'll see more exlusives down the road. If I really wanted something, I agree with the comments above that it's best to get it now to ensure early delivery vs retail. But other than the additional player classes in a couple of packs, very little of it is tempting.

Habilis wrote:
Not that I condone game speculation, I personally think it's a bit creepy.


Supply and demand gives you the creeps? How odd. I'm not a fan of scalping (who is?), but buying additional KS pledges for resale means creating more product and helping aftermarket buyers. Without that "creepy" speculation, those extra copies wouldn't exist at all. Which would drive prices even higher. Food for thought.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not enough KS exclusives??? Perhaps not add-ons this time but there is still a TON of KS exclusives in the core set itself:

The "$120 Gets You" image is littered with over 20 Red Kickstarter Exclusive Banners.



Personally I would MUCH rather be rewarded with a lot of KS Exclusive content in the base pledge and have 100% of add-ons be non-exclusive via retail so I can get them at a much deeper discount.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.