Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all, I'm a bit late to the hype train on this game, but recently watched a video (thanks, Ant Lab Games!) and am dying to try this. I see it is available from Amazon, with PRIME, to be released September 29, but with a estimated shipping arrival of October 4 (I know, patience is a virtue)

Anyway, I called my FLGS and they'll have copies arriving as well, and they think it'll be this week. They're about a 30-35 minute drive from me, unfortunately, so - due to work constraints - at best I could probably go Saturday (maybe Friday).

If you were in my shoes, would you order from Amazon and hope that the PRIME shipping gets the game here by Friday or Saturday, or just go to the FLGS?

Also, SO excited to try this one! Getting it mostly for two players, and (based on Ant Lab Games' video) it seems like you play a TON of awesome cards in a two player game. Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
You may not get the promo card from Amazon as it's meant for preorders by game stores only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
You may not get the promo card from Amazon as it's meant for preorders by game stores only.

Interesting! Are there details on the card, by chance? Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It's another version of the Asteroid card included in the game. A harsher one I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
Hi all, I'm a bit late to the hype train on this game, but recently watched a video (thanks, Ant Lab Games!) and am dying to try this. I see it is available from Amazon, with PRIME, to be released September 29, but with a estimated shipping arrival of October 4 :( (I know, patience is a virtue)

Anyway, I called my FLGS and they'll have copies arriving as well, and they think it'll be this week. They're about a 30-35 minute drive from me, unfortunately, so - due to work constraints - at best I could probably go Saturday (maybe Friday).

If you were in my shoes, would you order from Amazon and hope that the PRIME shipping gets the game here by Friday or Saturday, or just go to the FLGS?

Also, SO excited to try this one! Getting it mostly for two players, and (based on Ant Lab Games' video) it seems like you play a TON of awesome cards in a two player game. Can't wait.
This may be useless info to you since you are in CA but I just held a copy of this game in my hands at The Compleat Strategist in NYC. They have great customer service and might take an order today and ship to you... Of course you'd have to pay shipping but they do have the game in the store right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the shelf at my FLGS (Madison, Wis) since last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:

That's be pretty crappy of them to do since it's Stronghold Games itself that's selling it on Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:
Tigrillo wrote:

That's be pretty crappy of them to do since it's Stronghold Games itself that's selling it on Amazon.

Why? It was a promo with a very specific advertised purpose.

I expect they'll treat their Amazon orders the same as their own store preorders: no promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murphy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Call ahead at the store about the promo card. Stores only received them if they signed up for the early release on September 14th (just for FLGS) and some stores have extra copies to early customers, might be limited for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Support your FLGS!

Also, the promo card:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I saw (this morning) there were 3 of these promos up on Ebay. One of them was bid up to over $10 already. For one card? That will probably be up on the BGG store for $3 at some future (soon, I hope) time?

Completionism (sp?) can be expensive!

~Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OchreOgre wrote:
Last I saw (this morning) there were 3 of these promos up on Ebay. One of them was bid up to over $10 already. For one card? That will probably be up on the BGG store for $3 at some future (soon, I hope) time?

Completionism (sp?) can be expensive! :)

~Steve

Considering that the price difference between FLGS and OLGS is $15-20 including the shipping differential, $10 might be a bargain for impatient completionists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.