Subject: Have we been using the Track cards wrong? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know that when you want to play a Track card, you either have to start, drive through or end in that corner, the Track card represent.

Our concern is the icons on the left on the Track cards.

Say we play on Spa and my car is placed at the green ET in front of 2nd corner "Eau Rouge".
I play a Track card with "Eau Rouge" and a ET icon with a red cross to avoid the check.
But can the Track card be used for my movement, for ex. Green +3, so I then have 7 MPs???
Until now we have always played first the icons and then the movemnet from the same Track card, but a player brought it up yesterday that it might be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree that this is not well described in the the rules.

Page 18 describes cards "played as movement....." Except the LB icon.
It puzzled me too.

But check the last sentence in example page 18:

"Alternatively Carl may not use this this card as movement, and keep it pass the LB check..... "

Conclusion:
You cannot combine the LB check with movement.
The same must be true with top icon (P18) X2. This cannot be combined with movement

The -1 icon and double card icon explicit states: "When playing for movement..."

No doubt these 4 icons is a "Look up " rule when playing. (Not a good thing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a track card with a "free LB" or "free ET" icon, you choose between:

1. Discard the card to use the icon. You may not then use the card for movement.

2. Play the card for movement. You may then no use the card for the "free LB" or "free ET" icon.

The X2 icon is used in contests only, not during movement. All the rest are handled and processed when you play their card for movement.

Example: I play a red 4 mp race card and move my car 4 sections, ending on an LB spot before corner 1. I then discard a track card from my hand that has the "free LB" icon for corner 1 to do the LB for free.

Example: I start my turn on a green ET before corner 1. I discard a track card from my hand with the "free ET" icon for corner 1. (If I didn't do this and wanted to do the ET, I would make a blind check at this time instead.) I draw my race card and then play 1 or 2 cards for movement, one of which must be green if I want to complete the ET. Neither card is the track card I played to pass the ET check. It's gone by the time I play my movement cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so We did it wrong. Will correct this in the future. Just seem to recall a phrase than you can never play more than two cards in a round.
But What about the X2 then.
In contest you freeze the cards. Guess this X2 just double you total and then is discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Uncle
msg tools
No-LB and No-ET cards are meant to be discarded if you want to avoid the requested blind check. Therefore you can not use them for movement (it is rather clear in 3.0 rules, although there is still a part where the "play" verb is used instead of "discard").

"x2" Track card in a contest is freezed just like any other card you may use, so that you get it back at the start of the next game turn. There is NO need to discard it.
Moreover, only the contest value of that very card is doubled, not the total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Uncle
msg tools
shilinski wrote:
...and then play 1 or 2 cards for movement, one of which must be green if I want to complete the ET.

just another detail: since now Extreme Trajectories may have different colours than just green (e.g. the yellow/orange at Silverstone), remember that you have to play at least one matching card in order to claim the bonus during movement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Okay, so We did it wrong. Will correct this in the future. Just seem to recall a phrase than you can never play more than two cards in a round.

You cannot play more than 2 cards for movement in phase B. However, as Stan pointed out, you are playing (discarding) the no ET check track card during phase A.

3.0L rulebook page 20
"This card can be played to succeed in an Extreme Trajectory blind check placed immediately before or in the corner specified on the card. The player discards this card in lieu of performing a Blind Check."

Players in my group have a problem with this issue to. Mainly because in Spa the cards with no ET check are high value green cards or green cards that you can play with other cards. They are very good green cards to use and they really want to play them with the ET bonus. It was really mean of Alessandro to design them that way.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:

Players in my group have a problem with this issue to. Mainly because in Spa the cards with no ET check are high value green cards or green cards that you can play with other cards. They are very good green cards to use and they really want to play them with the ET bonus. It was really mean of Alessandro to design them that way.devil

Exactly!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.