$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 125.35

7,465 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Terra Mystica: Erweiterungsbogen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bonus landscapes rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Watson
msg tools
Reading through the Bonus Landscape rules, I had a few rules questions. Sorry if I'm repeating any questions that have been previously answered; the discussions got pretty scattered.

Alchemists:
If you use the "2 spades" power action to place the Gloomy Workshop and increase shipping, can you use the increased shipping for the second spade? I'm guessing probably not, but it would be nice to have confirmation.

Dwarves:
1. Do the free tunneling spades have to be used within range of the Great Tunnel? Or can they be used within range of any Dwarf building?

2a. Assume that the Dwarves are getting 2 spades from a cult bonus. Also assume that both spades are used on the same hex (e.g., blue -> gray). How many points do the Dwarves get? 4 for a single tunnel + 2x spade or 8 for 2x (tunnel + spade)?

2b. If the Dwarves only get 4 points for 2a, can they get 8 points by using the spades on 2 different hexes?

Mermaids:
Does the special cost for the Coral Reef mean that a single spade is effectively used to terraform the river into the Coral Reef (without blocking shipping)?

Swarmlings:
1. Do the Swarmlings have to meet the normal building quantity requirements? For example, assume the Swarmlings have the "2 Fire" favor tile and the Stronghold, Sanctuary, and 3 trading posts (5 buildings, 12 power worth of buildings). Do the Swarmlings receive a second town tile?

2. Does the Breeding Ground have to be part of the City/Metropolis/Megacity?

Nomads:
1. Am I correct in understanding that the special placement rules mean this tile can be placed by terraforming or sandstorming a hex to desert under the normal rules? In other words, the sandstorm can't be used with shipping?

2. Can Nomads sandstorm a yellow hex to place the Trading Camp?

Acolytes:
My understanding from this thread https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1615515/acolytes-winner... is that the Altar of Sacrifice costs going down 3 steps on a track to place, no matter what type of terrain (other than ice) the destination hex originally had. In other words, in a game with a green faction, the Acolytes can place the Altar of Sacrifice on a forest by going down 3 steps on a track (rather than the normal 4). Is this correct?

Riverwalkers and Mermaids:
1. Does "It does not prevent other players from using that River space for expansion" mean the Coral Reef and the Floating Palace can be placed on the same hex?

2. If so, how does power leech work?

Thanks in advance!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My answers below are based on my participation in the poll discussions.

Qatol wrote:
Alchemists:
If you use the "2 spades" power action to place the Gloomy Workshop and increase shipping, can you use the increased shipping for the second spade? I'm guessing probably not, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
I don't think so - the relevant action is called "Transform and Build" and not "Transform and Build and Transform again". In the FAQ for the 2spade power action, it's explicitely mentioned that if your first spade allows you to build, you cannot use that new dwelling as the starting point for the second spade. The same should apply here: first you use up all your spades, then you build on one of the transformed hexes (assuming both are now in your home color).

Qatol wrote:
Dwarves:
1. Do the free tunneling spades have to be used within range of the Great Tunnel? Or can they be used within range of any Dwarf building?
That was the idea. However I agree that it should be clarified that it's not limited to tunnel spading from the Great Tunnel.
Furthermore this one requires clear wording regarding two other topics:
1) tunneling cult spades does NOT give them 4VP
2) range 2 from the Great Tunnel also applies to network scoring

Qatol wrote:
2a. Assume that the Dwarves are getting 2 spades from a cult bonus. Also assume that both spades are used on the same hex (e.g., blue -> gray). How many points do the Dwarves get? 4 for a single tunnel + 2x spade or 8 for 2x (tunnel + spade)?

2b. If the Dwarves only get 4 points for 2a, can they get 8 points by using the spades on 2 different hexes?
0 VP in both cases

Qatol wrote:
Mermaids:
Does the special cost for the Coral Reef mean that a single spade is effectively used to terraform the river into the Coral Reef (without blocking shipping)?
Not really - the river hex remains a river hex, it's just that a spade is required to build it (and that implies that it's not possible to use a cult spade).

Qatol wrote:
Swarmlings:
1. Do the Swarmlings have to meet the normal building quantity requirements? For example, assume the Swarmlings have the "2 Fire" favor tile and the Stronghold, Sanctuary, and 3 trading posts (5 buildings, 12 power worth of buildings). Do the Swarmlings receive a second town tile?
Sure. This is not about combining two towns into one, but expanding a town to a city.

Qatol wrote:
2. Does the Breeding Ground have to be part of the City/Metropolis/Megacity?
No. But I agree that I might be worthwhile to add this fact explicitely.

Qatol wrote:
Nomads:
1. Am I correct in understanding that the special placement rules mean this tile can be placed by terraforming or sandstorming a hex to desert under the normal rules? In other words, the sandstorm can't be used with shipping?
You can only place this on a hex which you either transformed or sandstormed. The usual limitations to both of these apply. It may be worthwhile to add a statement whether it's possible to place it on a hex which is already yellow, i.e. paying for a spade but not applying it resp. using the sandstorm to make a desert hex even sandier.

Qatol wrote:
2. Can Nomads sandstorm a yellow hex to place the Trading Camp?
I don't know. It's certainly a good idea to add a statement to clarify this. I.e. whether it's possible to place it on a hex which is already yellow by paying for a spade but not applying it resp. using the sandstorm to make a desert hex even sandier.

Qatol wrote:
Acolytes:
My understanding from this thread https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1615515/acolytes-winner... is that the Altar of Sacrifice costs going down 3 steps on a track to place, no matter what type of terrain (other than ice) the destination hex originally had. In other words, in a game with a green faction, the Acolytes can place the Altar of Sacrifice on a forest by going down 3 steps on a track (rather than the normal 4). Is this correct?
Yes.

Qatol wrote:
Riverwalkers and Mermaids:
1. Does "It does not prevent other players from using that River space for expansion" mean the Coral Reef and the Floating Palace can be placed on the same hex?

2. If so, how does power leech work?
I think that "expansion" means to use the river hex for shipping across it, not expanding into the river hex. Note that once the Mermaids or Riverwalkers have built on it, it's no longer a river space, but rather a <insert building name here>.
I guess the same reasoning applies to the related question of Mermaids using the hex of the Riverwalkers' Floating Palace as a connector hex for a town. It wouldn't hurt to clarify both cases.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Watson
msg tools
DocCool wrote:

Qatol wrote:
Riverwalkers and Mermaids:
1. Does "It does not prevent other players from using that River space for expansion" mean the Coral Reef and the Floating Palace can be placed on the same hex?

2. If so, how does power leech work?
I think that "expansion" means to use the river hex for shipping across it, not expanding into the river hex. Note that once the Mermaids or Riverwalkers have built on it, it's no longer a river space, but rather a <insert building name here>.
I guess the same reasoning applies to the related question of Mermaids using the hex of the Riverwalkers' Floating Palace as a connector hex for a town. It wouldn't hurt to clarify both cases.

Thanks for your reply. This last comment makes an interesting point. If the Riverwalkers can't place the Floating Palace on the Mermaid town tile, does that mean that the Mermaids can place their town tile on a river hex to block the Floating Palace, even if that hex isn't actually needed to form the town? The rules don't seem to say anything about the skipped river hex of the Mermaid town being needed to establish physical adjacency for the buildings of the town.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I don't think a Mermaid town connector should prevent the Riverwalkers from building their bonus landscape there. The two river buildings should exclude each other, but the Mermaid connector should not be affected (actively or passively).

If there must be some blocking at all, it should be asymetric: Rw bonus landscape blocks Mermaids' connector, but not only the other way round.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Hellas
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
I`ll use this post for a couple clarifitcations for myself:

Swarmlings:
Those new stages City/Metropolis/megacity counts with the round bonus tile that gives 5 points if I make a town? Or due the naming, it's exclusive for the town (1st stage)?

Mermaids:
I've read in the forums that the coral is, also, the mermaids power that prevents it from needing a bridge, does it still apply or can I also have that river space jumped for forming a town?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take:
ehellas wrote:
Swarmlings:
Those new stages City/Metropolis/megacity counts with the round bonus tile that gives 5 points if I make a town? Or due the naming, it's exclusive for the town (1st stage)?
You'll still get 5 points.

ehellas wrote:
Mermaids:
I've read in the forums that the coral is, also, the mermaids power that prevents it from needing a bridge, does it still apply or can I also have that river space jumped for forming a town?
The rules of basic TM talk about the Mermaids' ability to "jump a River space" when founding a town - there's no mention of coral. The Coral Reef is a tile from which you can start such a jump over a river space. E.g. on the base game map you can connect H2 and E4 to form a town without using F2 or G1, assuming that you put the Coral Reef on the river hex to the right of F2 or to the left of G1.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.