Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
Loving the game so far.

But per usual the rules aren't written the best in regards to Colonies.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have read and reread all of the rules for colonies numerous times, and I can not be certain what happens to colonies at the end of a game. Do colonies stay with the person who builds them from game to game and then the first winter of the next game the owner must spend 6 gold to activate them again. Basically do Colonies stay with a player who builds from game to game and are only ever lost if it conquered by another player? Or do they go back to the supply and must be rebuilt each game?
I know that they aren't listed in the items that are kept from game to game at the end of the rulebook, but it also says that those are just the starting components that are kept.

And a secondary question if they are kept from game to game by the player who owns them at the end of game. At the start of the next game if they activate the colonies in the first winter does that mean they automatically get a glory point?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You keep your colony cards from game to game. I'm not seeing any real ambiguity here: there's no other way to get colony cards, so if you didn't keep them from game to game then there would be no way to ever get them back.

Your "secondary question" is answered by Rule 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmb
There is ambiguity because like buildings or ship upgrades you could be forced to buy them each game, and the rules do not specifically say to keep them even though it calls out other components that are kept from game to game. I agree with your assessment though. I just wish it was clearer in the rule book which is by far my groups biggest complaint with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.