Subject: Who actually has this game? Where did you get it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I definitely want to buy myself a copy of Rails & Sails, and I've noticed that DoW no longer sells the games from their own site. For those who already have the game in your hands (or who have a physical copy in the mail), where did you get it and how much did it cost you? I've seen a pre-order for $70-ish here, but I thought the game was set to be released in September. This site says October. So if there's a site that already has it rather than listing it as a pre-order, and the price difference isn't too significant, I'd rather have it get shipped immediately than have to keep waiting for a back-order like I did with the UK/Pennsylvania expansion last year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Carlisle

Illinois
msg tools
Yeah, David, I can't wait to get it either! Should be a great game and the boards are beautiful... I've seen some on Ebay, I think... My Birthday is in November, so I am going to hold out until then so my wife can get me a really cool birthday present, but I keep teasing her that she really should get me a Columbus Day present this year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Neave-Houghting
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much help, sorry, but it's been out for a couple of weeks or so over here in the UK, I'm surprised you don't have it over there already, you normally get stuff earlier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it from my colleagues on my birthday the 23rd, and by that time it had been available for roughly two weeks. But that's in Denmark, and I'm not sure that will help you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i just ordered mine via amazon.com yesterday, and it arrives friday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Huh, that's interesting, last time I checked Amazon it was back-ordered. Well, might as well strike while the iron is hot. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murlough23 wrote:
Huh, that's interesting, last time I checked Amazon it was back-ordered. Well, might as well strike while the iron is hot. Thanks!
nope, mine shipped from NJ yesterday...

AND...it's still in-stock:

https://www.amazon.com/Ticket-Ride-Rails-Sails-Board/dp/B01I...

(3 left)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John_VW wrote:
murlough23 wrote:
nope, mine shipped from NJ yesterday...

AND...it's still in-stock:

https://www.amazon.com/Ticket-Ride-Rails-Sails-Board/dp/B01I...

(3 left)

That's for higher than MSRP. Stores in the US have not yet seen copies, so I assume someone imported some.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Eh. What's done is done. it just showed up in the mail today and I'm stoked to play it tonight. Some friends wanted to chip in and buy this for me as a Christmas present, but I didn't want to wait, so if they still want to reimburse me for part of it, I'll tell 'em I got it cheaper than I actually did, so they aren't paying extra for my impatience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Australia
flag msg tools
I bought mine from ozgameshop.com and it arrived quickly.

Currently costs $76.14 US & free delivery - says last one in stock!
I think it is uk store but ships worldwide for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought it from Amazon for a fair price (€ 65.95, including shipping with Prime). Very happy with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.

Enjoyed it so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Jørgensen
Denmark
Valby
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the game 10 days ago.

How did I get it? Well, I won it by participating in the National championship in Denmark. All players in the final got a Rails & Sails game.

Great surprise. Many thanks to Enigma (and DoW). Enigma is the Scandinavian distributor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Hoagland Family
United States
Mount Holly
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought a copy yesterday from a brick & mortar toy store. Full msrp, but only a few dollars more than the $76.20 prime price on Amazon. Played last night and loved it. I can't wait for everyone to get home so I can play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spellen aan den Rijn
Netherlands
Alphen aan den Rijn
flag msg tools
mb
Our boardgame group won this game with the Sponsored Contest!
That is awesome!
Received it this week. There was some delay because we have not seen (not received?) the initial winner e-mail from DoW.
Thanks to chaddyboy for contacting DoW it is solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got this on Barnes and Noble's website for $48 due to it being Cyber Monday today. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-ticket-to-ride-ra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.