Popular Tags: [View All]
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I've been playing the game for a little while and I teaches it often to "new" or less experienced players and I can say that the game is a smashing success!

However, many of my players are older / a bit colorblind and there seems to be a common issue with distinguishing between the green and brow tiles, or even the green and blue tiles.

Anyone else having seen this?

Is there a chance of more contrasting colours (2nd edition) or added textures or graphical clues to help to differentiate the colours?

I'm just asking because I really love the game and I'm disappointed that some people are having a bit of a difficulty that prevent them from fully enjoying it.

Have you seen other small things that could be addressed in a second printing?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I also have problems with brown and green but not a something that prevents me from playing if the light is good. The second printing has no changes apart from wording in the rules. You can, however, buy the new painted figures that premiere at Essen. That might help with the colours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've seen the figures and I don't know if it would actually help, since the cards borders are what is the most problematic.

I was more thinking in the lines of having different types of borders (doted, broken, nothing, dashes, etc.) that would be easy to implement and more efficient in differencing the sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
But the cards already have different buildings portrayed on them to distinguish the colours from each other. That's what I look at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I'm sad that you are having problems with the colors. I will let them know of your suggestions. I do know that Blue Orange did choose different backgrounds for the cards to help distinguish them.
Thank you very much for playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
But the cards already have different buildings portrayed on them to distinguish the colours from each other. That's what I look at.

Yes they do, but the overall picture is similar between each color: a squarish shape with lots of lines radiating from them. Actually, I did not see the difference until you pointed it to me. Someone with poorer eyesight will have to realy focus to see the differences. And the main difficulty is with the tiles, which all have the same building on them (as they should).

Again, the game is great and I really, really enjoy it (I'm introducing it to my work colleagues at lunch today). I just think that some accessibility issues are there and that there could be easy fixes that would in no way impact the overall look, mechanics and feel of it.
Inclusivity is important when thinking about older players; if we want to help them discover those great games, we have to think about the limitations that can be addressed with minimal changes.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Bonjour Michel,
I hear you. Apologies for any confusion the colors are causing. I will let the publisher know.
Unfortunately, none of this is under my control...
Thank you for teaching the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Velleman
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Bonjour Chenier.

It's my pleasure to teach the game, hopefully having new converts be curious enough to go out and pick a copy!

Obviously, all my observations are coming from a place of appreciation for your work and are just meant as a way, in my mind, to make it even easier to appreciate for new peoples to the hobby!

Michel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.