GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 83.77
35% of Goal | 27 Days Left
Hi again :-)
I just finished playing SoT (I lost ), and I had couple of questions or things I'm not sure I played correctly. I need your help (Excuse my poor English):
1. Block - It's mentioned that:
First enemy that you attack in combat has it's armor Value increased by the value of the Defend ability until the end of that combat.
And then this used as an example:
You encounter two Crystal Sprites and one Elven Protector. You decide to give one of the two “Defend 1” bonuses to the Elven Protectors and the other to one of the Crystal Sprites and then defeat them together in the ranged phase by using Ranged Attack 8. The remaining Crystal Sprites do not benefit from the “Defend 2”, since the Elven Protectors have already been defeated..
Based on the first quote, if I have just ONE enemy with Defend bonus, the defend always goes for the FIRST enemy I attack. if I fight couple of enemies and I have more than one Defend bonus, I can decide which enemies get the defend bonus(and not necessarily the first one I'm attack like in the early example)?
Why Ranged attack 8? shouldn't I just need 7 to beat them?
Also - Can I assigned Defend bonus twice to the same enemy? (in this case, give two 'Defend 1' to the Elven Protector so his armor would be 6? Can an enemy with Defend assign the Defend bonus to himself in multiple-defend bonus scenario?
2. Let's say I'm in a village and a Pursing enemy is adjacent to me. Technically, if I'm not doing any move action for a couple of turns, the enemy won't be able to force me into a fight? also - in case I'll be constantly on a move, technically the enemy will never 'catch' me?
3. Can I attack Faction leaders with Ranged attacks?
4. I'm trying to simplify the Faction leaders combat in my head. Am I'm correct to assume that Faction Leader tokens are basically just normal tokens when it's comes to combat? I can group them with other enemy tokens, and they gain the other tokens bonuses like normal(fortified for example)?
5. What happens after I win the combat phase against a Faction leader in term of movement? It's not officially dead (it only goes down by a level). Am I'm being pushed back to the safe zone where I started the attack? (and then I have to pay the 2 move points again to attack it next turn?)
6. It's mentioned I can play double his armor in attack power to take the Faction Leader one extra level. Can I do it multiple times? Let's say the Faction leader has armor 2. Generating 4 attack will take him 2 levels down. Can I generate 8 attack and take him down 4 levels down?
7. How does multiplying works when grouping the Faction leader with an enemy token? Let's say the Faction leader has armor of 4, and I'm grouping it with an enemy token that has armor of 2. Do I need 12 attack to get it down 2 levels or 10?
8. The rules say -
"If level 1 is marked with a player’s shield token then the faction
leader will not attack".
How it it possible? Isn't it suppose to be dead before that? :
If level 1 is marked with a player’s shield token then the
avatar is defeated
So technically I can never attack a level 1 faction leader as he already been defeated? (perhaps I can still attack him enemy tokens for fame?)
9. Can I win the game by killing the faction leaders but not their enemy tokens?
- Last edited Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:13 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:57 pm
If you have 4 enemies and 2 have defend then the first 2 you attack will have a defend applied to them, but which defend goes to each is up to you.
In the example 8 ranged attack is required - maybe you're missing the fact that the sprites also have Elusive? So it's 4 + 2 + 1 + 1.
You can't apply 2 defend bonuses to a single enemy.
You are correct on both counts
Yes, just like if you fail to defeat a city first time
Yes you can
You would need 10
This is to describe the situation where you reduce it to zero levels during the ranged & siege phase
A faction leader with a player's shield token on it's level 1 section has been defeated and so can no longer be attacked
Yes you can, although there might be more points in it for you if you defeat their followers as well
Thank you Phil!
Your right, I don't own the Lost Legion yet and I missed the fact that ranged attack on an elusive enemy always means the higher defense value.
2. Let's say I'm in a village and a Pursing enemy is adjacent to me. Technically, if I'm not doing any move action for a couple of turns, the enemy won't be able to force me into a fight? also - in case I'll be constantly on a move, technically the enemy will never 'catch' me?The idea is that they move at the end of the movement phase. So if you rest or declare the End of Round, then they don't move. If you play a normal turn but simply decide not to move then they do move.
6. It's mentioned I can play double his armor in attack power to take the Faction Leader one extra level. Can I do it multiple times? Let's say the Faction leader has armor 2. Generating 4 attack will take him 2 levels down. Can I generate 8 attack and take him down 4 levels down?It can be any multiplier, not necessarily double. You can play 6 attack to defeat 3 levels, etc.