Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is one of two occasions in LE:Ff where the Defense/Armor stat is used.
In order to successfully complete this side job, you have to "Fight Jayne" by spending Attack points equal to his Defense stat (or if Jayne isn't a Main Character, you can choose any Main Character to fight instead), and he (or the replacement Main Character) then draws a Crew Strike.

But what I'm wondering is if Jayne can choose to fight himself (or if Jayne is not present, if a player can choose his own character to fight).

Going strictly by the wording of the card, there is nothing stopping a player (Jayne or otherwise) from fighting themselves, though thematically, one would think it a sign of mental illness.

Again, going strictly by the card wording, if a player were to fight themselves, they would only gain one Talent (as the success clause states that if you fought ANOTHER player, they also gain a Talent).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does it make any sense, to fight yourself? Similar thing has already been discussed in Alien forums, if a person can attack himself in case he got a chestburster. The answer is "no", I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of like the idea of Jayne beating himself up, though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
Clipper wrote:
I kind of like the idea of Jayne beating himself up, though

Maybe that's what he did in his bunk..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Azikin wrote:
Does it make any sense, to fight yourself?

For some reason this reminded me of my first fight with Tyler...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.