Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm a bit puzzled by some of the wording in the Traitor's Tome. I've not actually played the game yet, although I have read through the rules and also watched the game played on Tabletop.

It may become obvious once I actually play, but I don't want to read through any of the Traitor's Tome for obvious reasons, so thought I'd ask you lovely people instead.

In the Haunt Chart, Haunt 6 says the traitor is "Lowest Sanity*"

Easy enough, all players compare sanity and lowest is the traitor.

The * points to text saying if it's a tie and one of these is the revealer they become the traitor, otherwise the traitor is the tied player closest to the left of the revealer.

However, Haunt 3 specifies the traitor is "Lowest Knowledge* (expect for the Haunt revealer)". To me, this reads that everyone else except the revealer compare knowledge and lowest becomes the traitor.

What's throwing me off is the * in the above. Should the haunt revealer be included in the comparison of knowledge?

Or does this mean that everyone else compares knowledge and lowest becomes the traitor, in the event of a tie the traitor will be the tied player closest to the revealer's left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
For Haunt 3, it looks like the Revealer isn't supposed to be the Traitor. So I'd just compare everyone else's Knowledge. The * is really just a rule of thumb, keeping in mind whatever requirements and restrictions the Haunt itself puts on you.

So in the event of a Tie, remember the Haunt Revealer isnt supposed to be the traitor, so it's the closest to the left of the revealer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redlion64 wrote:
For Haunt 3, it looks like the Revealer isn't supposed to be the Traitor. So I'd just compare everyone else's Knowledge. The * is really just a rule of thumb, keeping in mind whatever requirements and restrictions the Haunt itself puts on you.

So in the event of a Tie, remember the Haunt Revealer isnt supposed to be the traitor, so it's the closest to the left of the revealer.

Absolute minimal spoiler, but just in case. It has no specifics just a general comment.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have played 1 Haunt which would have made the game impossible to win if the revealer could have become the traitor. I've only played a few times so there is likely others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each haunt has a different rule for who is the traitor, which will make sense when you play it. So as the others pointed out, in the case of Haunt 3, you follow the rules like Haunt 6 except the Haunt Revealer is out of the comparison. This is probably due to the fact that the revealer is in a room, has item, or in some situation where if they were the traitor the heroes wouldn't be able to win. So you would go with the normal tie breaker rules but the revealer can't be the traitor so it would be the person closest to the revelers left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.