Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hulsebus
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People have that done this case, please assist and I'll update this post as I see your info.

At this point I do NOT recommend doing this case until it can be fixed. I will update this once that has changed and we have sufficient info.
----

Looking for a location that doesn't seem to exist?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Is it a park?
Is it Miskatonic Park?
U68

Looking for a different location that doesn't seem to exist?
Is it someone's office?
Is Watley's office??
This may be missing? I see in the answer that Armitage visited C15 which is listed as Thomas Conway's office but there is no C15

Looking a requirement card that doesn't exist?
Is it requirement card 2?
A nice person steps out from around the corner and hands you requirement card 2.
I seriously can't find anywhere that you get requirement card 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barac Wiley
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Are they errors, though? The whole case has very strange elements, quite deliberately, and at least one printed encounter
D23
that appears to be deliberately placed as just slightly different than one of the "allies"' standard encounter location (which is not helpful at all), but appears to be the only clue to visiting a location that's extremely important to unravelling the chain of clues used by Armitage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hulsebus
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkav11 wrote:
Are they errors, though? The whole case has very strange elements, quite deliberately

A fair question. I enjoyed:
How are first you are like "a sock?" Is this slang I don't know? but then later you start to realize no, something strange is going on

After the case though, I did notice
That there's a weird, supplemental encoounter that it doesn't seem like you can get to from anywhere, and that one I thought was like an easter egg for people who go back and read through everything later

But I think that these items from my first post too much fight against your enjoyment of the game to be on purpose, especially when you are more or less given all the time that you want (with a score penalty) to go visit everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Yeung
msg tools
My group just finished playing it, and we were very confused about the first portion of the correct path.

The first location on the required path is warehouse M11, but there's nothing that tells you to go there. One could argue that you're meant to blindly explore the warehouses south of the river as stated in the intro, but the directory lists four warehouses, none of which are M11. M11 is listed twice as non-warehouse locations (two residential buildings if I recall correctly). In this case, the directory threw us off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Wray
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
My group had a few issues with this one, too. Besides the ones already mentioned:

The fact that you are told to visit a warehouse on main street, south of the river, and checked the directory for warehouses and visited the one closest to that description (sure, it was by east main street instead of the unlabeled-on-the-map main street) which lead to disastrously ending the mission on day one.

Instead you're supposed to visit one of the completely-indistinguishable-from-the-others-and-unlisted-in-the-directory buildings another block over, and it's CRUCIAL to mission "success", or at least coming as close as you can with the information actually given (like the aforementioned conspicuous absence of Miskatonic Park's location anywhere, or such).

I regret that we thought the thing labeled "prologue" was supposed to be played before the other missions, because these errors (and the overall length and thus time we committed running fruitlessly in circles without having the information we needed to actually 'solve' the case before getting tired and just ending it) have definitely left a kind of frustrated vibe that will impact us going forward into the "normal" missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hulsebus
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am a member of the club of people
who died on day 1. we just kept going instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wray
Bermuda
Camden
Paget
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've just completed Case 3 and would like to embark on Case #4 this week, but seeing the various issues people are having with it, I'm probably going to hold off.

Is that reasonable? or are there reliable fixes we can make without spoiling the story?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.